Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Is anyone else scared to death?!?

In march I miscarried at 10 weeks. Now, I just found out Im 4 weeks pregnant & I couldnt be anymore terrified!!  Every feeling down there I think for sure is a miscarriage.  4 days before I found out, I walked a very strenous half marathon and felt sore down there--Im wondering will that cause a miscarriage?  Last night I had a terrible dream and woke up in a panic with my heart beating out of my chest.  Sure enough, my lower abdominal area started to feel achy and I thought--this is it.  Im miscarrying.  

I think Im miscarrying every day.  Its such an emotional rollercoaster and I know the answer is--RELAX, but really.... HOW?!?  Am I going to be thinking this every day till 12 weeks?  Anyone else in the same boat?

Re: Is anyone else scared to death?!?

• Options

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Pgal is hard BUT the emotions you are feeling are completely normal! So first off do not feel alone. It is hard and you just need to take it day to day and find things that will help you relax. This board is an incredible resource for help as we are all in the same boat and can offer support as well as ask for it.

Please stick around, you will not regret it. This site saved me after my m/c and all throughout this pregnancy.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options

Two things. First, congratulations! I hope you're able to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Second, welcome to PGAL. PGAL=the roller coaster ride of fear and excitement that comes with the territory.

We all know exactly how you're feeling. It seems that the worry gradually gets better for most people, but doesn't stop at 12 weeks. I always have this mental milestone where I think I'll feel different, more secure. Then I reach it and there's already a new mental milestone set. 

One day at a time. Today you're pregnant and you love your baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

PGAL is a rollercoaster for sure.  For me, reaching pregnancy milestones help to lessen the terror just a bit.  I'm not as scared as I was before, but there is still some worry and the cramps for you are what vaginal discharge is for me.  Drives me bonkers everytime.

• Options

It is very scary and I'm not going to lie, it takes a long time before you get comfortable feeling pregnant. I found that keeping myself busy helped a lot- gave me less time to focus on all the negative worries.

Also, just wanted to add that I have a friend who ran a marathon a couple of days before she found out she was pregnant- she now has a healthy 4 month old. 

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats! It is really hard to be PGAL. Just try to stay positive
  • Options
    Congrats. and yes.  I am scared to death on a weekly basis.  The super early beginning was the shakiest, now I'll have a really positive day and then I'll have a step back scary moment.  good luck, and just try and keep breathing!
    ? J + J = 5/29/10.?
    TTC since 8/2010. Irregular cycles after stopping BCP.
    1st BFP! 3/26/11. Missed M/C - D&C 5/2/11.
    Always missed: Our little Blueberry. It's Never Over.
    2nd BFP! 9/3/11 on last unmedicated cycle! EDD: 5/11/12
    1stBeta @13DPO = 289, 2ndBeta @15DPO = 619!
    ? Clementine Lorraine, we love you so much already! ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the same way! its so scarry being PGAL
  • Options

I totally understand where you're coming from.  I miscarried in January 2011, and I'm now 5 weeks pregnant.  Anyway, I'm terrified of miscarrying again.  I would hate to experience that physical and emotional pain again.  With that said, I know it's out of my hands.  I can only do so much.  I just have to eat healthy and follow the doctor's orders and hopefully everything will work out.  

Positive thoughts! Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"