Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How to give Mylicon or Gripe Water

My girls are 2 weeks old and are pretty gassy. When I try to give them Mylicon or Gripe Water, they spit it out. Can any of you give me advice on how to give them these meds without having them spit it all out?

Thanks!

Re: How to give Mylicon or Gripe Water

• Options
    Maybe try placing the syringe further back and to the side, not directly on the center tounge. This is works for us. If you FF, you could put it in the bottle mixed with the formula.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use a dropper and put it between her cheek and gum in the very back of her mouth. If I stroke her chin she will swallow. I read some ladies on here just add it to their bottle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I add it to his bottle

• Options
    Aim the syringe into her cheek, not straight into her mouth.  If she doesn't swallow right away, hold her cheeks together so she makes the "fishy face"- that makes them swallow.  It felt mean the first time I did it, but it works and otherwise she just drools/spits it all out.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekaustin2010:
    Aim the syringe into her cheek, not straight into her mouth.  If she doesn't swallow right away, hold her cheeks together so she makes the "fishy face"- that makes them swallow.  It felt mean the first time I did it, but it works and otherwise she just drools/spits it all out.  Good luck!

THIS! Works everytime!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"