High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone deliver between 31-34 weeks???

If so, I'd like to know your story/outcome. I just got out of the hospital for random high BP and contractions at 30 wks. Doctor told me I will be delivering early and the goal at this point in the game is to reach 34 wks. Baby currently is around 2.4 lbs and all organs are doing great. They gave me steroids to help develop the lungs a little faster. Oh, yeah and strict bed rest :) Any support would be wonderful at this point. Thank you!

Re: Anyone deliver between 31-34 weeks???

• Options
    My water broke and I had my baby at 32 weeks.  I had been given the steroids also but she still had to be on the ventilator overnight and in the NICU for 8 nights.  I think that was mostly because she was delivered via c/s and didn't get the fluid squeezed out.  They expected her to be in the NICU for 2-3 weeks but since she weighed so much and did so well eating she came home much earlier.  The dr estimated her at 5lb 2 oz right before she was born and she was actually 5lb 12 oz.  Definitely obey bedrest rules because every day LO stays in she grows stronger.  I feel guilty about every single thing I did on my feet before my water broke. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was int he hospital at 28 weeks with high bp.  They gave me the steriods as well.  When I was released I was put on strict bedrest and meds for the bp and contractions.  My Lo was born at 34 weeks.  He stayed in the NICU for 2 1/2 weeks.  It was really tough being on strict bedrest but I know that any type of activity would raise my bp.  Just try to get as much rest as you can now, you will need your energy when the baby is here.  Hope your feeling better and good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

oh and btw he is doing just fine.  Happy healthy 5 month old. I know how you feel, I was in the same boat.  Stay well!

• Options

My daughter was born at 34 weeks and was 3 lbs. I had pre-e.

I think the steroids helped her lungs.

She was in the NICU for 16 days and only had a feeding tube.

• Options

I started preterm labor at 25 weeks.  I was in and out of the hospital.  Preterm labor had finally stopped and my doctor was thinking about taking me off of strict bed rest, I went in for an appointment not feeling well and found out I had preeclampsia.  She said I would likely be in the hospital for 3 or 4 weeks hopefully to get the baby to the 34 week mark and I delivered 72 hours later because my organs started shutting down due to severe preeclampsia.

When I went in for my c/s I was told that I wouldn't hear my baby cry, they would have a team of docs and nurses for the baby and most likely I would not even get to see her before she left for the NICU (due to the severity of my condition as well as what they thought she could be like due to being so early.)  When they pulled her out of me I heard her scream.  (It was amazing!)  My husband took lots of pictures because I was pretty out of it and did not get to see her before they took her to the NICU.  

I was in recovery for a few hours (I don't remember any of it) and then my nurse wheeled my entire hospital bed into the NICU so I could touch my DD's little hand.  It means the world to me that I was able to do this, we have lots of pictures, I remember looking at her thinking, wow, she just came out of me, but that is it.  I don't remember much else until the next day.

My DD was in the NICU for 9 weeks.  When she was born she was expected to be put on a ventilator, even though she had the steroid shots (which helped a lot) but instead she only had to go on a Cpap.  She was pretty much a feeder/grower.  She ended up getting sick at one point with NEC and put on a ventilator for 9 days but went back off and was breathing on her own again.  

The hardest part was the waiting.  Waiting for her to grow, waiting for her to learn how to eat, waiting for her to take all of her feeds, etc.  When she was born she was 2lbs 8oz, she dropped down to 2lbs 4oz, and we brought her home at a little over 5lbs.

Sorry, this got a little lengthy.  Our road was rough but I have a happy healthy perfectly functioning almost 2 year old now.  As hard as delivering early was, as hard as the NICU was, etc. it is all just a memory now.  You and your LO will get through this too!  Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a feeling i might be.. right now ive had random cramping so when i went into doc they checked me. one week i was a 2 the next a 3 doc also said my cervix is thinning out and soft so he gave me the 2 steroid shots for babys lungs and told me he hopes i make it to 34 weeks but we will see. so now im like sitting on pins and needles wondering if all these weird feelings im having are baby or nerves know really she could come anyday.. my other kids were born at 34 weeks and 36 weeks.. my 34 weeker was transfered to nicu but didnt need help breathing or anything he did great.. im just so nervous and anxious i hate it..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My water broke at 32w6d w/DD.  Contractions and her arrival came at 33w3d.  She was in the NICU for 12 days as a grower and feeder.  Luckily, with the time inbetween my water breaking and her coming, I had enough time to get the steriods.  The drs warned me that she could lag behind the other kids, and catch up by age 2.  She did great after leaving the NICU, and even hit all of her milestones earlier than most kids.  I know it is a lot of stress, but hang in there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My DD was born at 33w 4d due to pre-e. She spent 12 days in the NICU and was on the CPAP for three days before finally being weaned. She also spent about three days under the lights for jaundice.

Thinking about you and your LO. 

• Options

Thank you all for your reassuring stories! I'm so glad to hear you all had such positive outcomes. Makes me feel a lot better. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"