October 2011 Moms
Options

Something I learned from the bump

This is kind of random, but a long time ago, when Jack was still itty bitty, I read something on these boards that stuck with me. 

Someone was asking something in regards to their childs development, and another bumpie (I wish I could remember who) said something along the lines of 'Just because your child is not ahead, does not mean they are behind'.

Now that (almost) all of us have had our babies, its natural for us to want to compare what they are doing/how they are growing.  Thats great, but always remember that your LO might do things at a completely different pace, and that is okay! Some of us will have babies that are going to smile by a month, and some of us might not get that first smile til much later.  I remember being convinced that Jack had developmental delays because he hadnt grabbed for a toy yet and someone else on the boards had a younger baby that already grabbed toys.  I worried about it for an entire afternoon/night and wouldnt you know...the next day he grabbed for a toy.  

Anyway. like I said...random, but it has helped me cut down on worry in the past! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Something I learned from the bump

• Options

Thank you for posting this!  I have a cousin who has a baby who is 3 weeks older than my DD and she is already posting on FB all the "milestones" that her son hit - for example he rolled over at 5 weeks, and now I am thinking V should roll over at 5 weeks.  It is good to be reminded that if she doesn't roll over in 2 weeks, it doesn't mean she is delayed!  Not to mention I am OK waiting for her to roll over - that means she could starts falling off of things or rolling onto her stomach when sleeping!

(PS - I hid my cousin because of all of her annoying baby posts.  I would de-friend her if she wasn't my cousin! I don't understand people who put their baby's business on FB.  Pictures are one thing but she posted how her son has to go on acid reflux meds - why is it necessary to put that on FB? Sorry that was a complete tangent...)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Oh yes this can start Mommy wars!  Kids develop on their own schedules.   Yours won't be an Olympian just because they walked at 9 months..   
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well said! Thanks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This is excellent advice.

Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• Options
    I also am of the opinion that not everything people crow about is true.  Sometimes I think they want to make it seem like their baby is better/smarter/more perfect and maybe embellish a little. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"