Pregnant after a Loss

Maternity programs through insurance and silly DH moment

Ok I won't call him silly because he was concerned but...today we were looking over options for re-enrollment for insurance  through his work....he calls me frantic on my way to work to ask how many weeks I am ..I tell him 28+ why? he says crap I have to fax something to you ...now I am worried wondering what happened..I get the papers and it is for their maternity program that if you enroll before 24 weeks they waive the babies first 2 years deductible and other perks ..well the deductible being the biggest ..lol...I call them up just to make sure because I knew I enrolled....I got my BFP on 5/8 and called them on 5/19....I called to tell him it was already done....almost 6 months ago...he was all like really? Women .... we take care of everything don't we;)
Hold On ....Michael Buble
MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
BFP #4 5/8/11
BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7

Re: Maternity programs through insurance and silly DH moment

• It never ceases to amaze me the things that DH will have random revelations about and get all anxious and then brings them up and I am always like "yep, thought of that months ago, it has been taken care of".

You are right, it is sweet that they are concerned, but I wouldn't complain if just once he randomly had taken care of something instead of remembering it at the eleventh hour :) 

• It was just so funny that he seemed so shocked that I had done it months ago..lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think our insurance has that kind of perks but I didn't sign up for the pregnancy program because I was too scared.   Seems kind of pointless to do it now.  lol
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • imagetheresat858:
    Just curious, how did you find out your insurance had this kind of a program?  I don't want to miss out on something I should be signing up for... (although I will probably only have my insurance for 6 months or so after LO is born, at which point I will be changing jobs or joining DH's insurance).
    I remember looking through the booklet with my first pregnancy and they sent me this huge pregnancy book and some other things...I would just call your plan and ask if they have any sort of maternity or prenatal program it can't hurt to try because even if you only have for 6 months if they take care of the deductible or something like that it would be worth it kwim?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Hee Hee, that sounds completely like my DH!!! I registered for ours and was getting calls from the RN line after each appt.  when we got our $125.00 gift card for participating he was so confused!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"