TTC after 35
Options

I have my first RE appointment tomorrow . . .

So, here's the question I have.  For those of you who have gone through treatments, is there anything you wish you had asked at your first RE appointment that you didn't think of at the time?

I'm a little nervous, but excited to be moving forward.  I have a feeling she'll want to put me through more testing before starting any meds or IUIs, though, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up that anything will happen before the end of the year. 

Re: I have my first RE appointment tomorrow . . .

• Options
    I just wanted to wish you luck. I can't think of anything I wish I had asked at the first appointment. Make sure you get a number for someone to call (nurse usually) with any follow up questions, and don't be shy to use it.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Options
    There was nothing that I wish that I would have asked, however, I do have a few tips for your appointment.  I took copies of all my charts, the last two pap smears, and records of all my gynocological surgeries.  That was a big help so we could move faster through the testing.  Good luck.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, you guys. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"