Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sex - How long did you wait? (clicky poll)

I'm more curious than looking for advice. I know some people wait the universally recommended 6 weeks, and others wait until they feel fine physically, whether that's before or after the 6-week mark. Right now I'm pushing 3.5 weeks post-partum, and will wait at least until Wednesday when my MW checks out how I'm healing up (unmedicated vaginal birth, hasn't been hurting for 2 weeks now) but I'm curious as to how long other people have waited.[Poll]

Re: Sex - How long did you wait? (clicky poll)

• I'm a very cautious and paranoid person so even if I feel fine I'll wait the 6 weeks AND get the green light from the doc before I'm willing to do anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i waited till the 6 week OK from my doctor...but my normal sex drive still hasnt returned much to my husbands dismay....
    ~Welcome to the world, Presley Ann!! *8/16/11* 8 days late!
  • Loading the player...
  • I made it four weeks.  It was SO nice!  I had a high risk pregnancy so for half of it I was closed for business.
  • imagedragon_chica:
    I'm a very cautious and paranoid person so even if I feel fine I'll wait the 6 weeks AND get the green light from the doc before I'm willing to do anything.

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am still waiting, 3 weeks in. Not sure how much longer...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Still waiting...got the go ahead at 6 weeks and have tried a couple times but haven't managed to actually "do the deed" quite yet :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had to wait until 8 weeks PP because I ended up with a cervical infection.  I also had stitches and wanted my OB to make sure they were fully healed.  We've done it a few times since then, but my sex drive has yet to return.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I can't imagine having the energy for sex. Hopefully that will change soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedragon_chica:
    I'm a very cautious and paranoid person so even if I feel fine I'll wait the 6 weeks AND get the green light from the doc before I'm willing to do anything.

this.

• Almost 6 weeks. I think I would have been fine to go earlier, but I'm not sure when we would have had the time or energy to.
    Photobucket
  • I got the go ahead at 6 weeks but I was bleeding for close to 8 weeks. I wouldn't have tried before 6 weeks even though at times we did want to because I'm paranoid. It still hurts (we haven't done it that much, maybe 3-4 times, I can't remember) so it's not very appealing anymore.
  • I got cleared at 6 weeks but waited 7. I was ready, the husband was ready but time and energy did not permit. LO has had a rough couple of weeks and has worn us both out with her constant need for rocking and shushing.

I was also paranoid about getting an infection so I didn't want to risk it earlier than getting the doc's OK.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"