November 2011 Moms
Options

First Internal...

So I had my first internal on Friday. After hearing everyone's stories about internals being painful, I was prepared for the worst. Turns out there was a nurse practitioner student with my Dr. that day who did my initial internal (they said she had a lot of experience so I felt ok with it).

Well she was not gentle at all and I just kind of assumed that was the painfullness everyone was talking about. Then when the Dr. went to double check, it did not hurt at all AND turns out the student was completely wrong and it wasn't even my cervix she was feeling!!! Lesson learned there!

But the Dr. said I am starting to soften but I'm still completely closed up and LO is going to stay put for a while. I know I am still a few days away from term and she still needs to cook some more but I was just hoping for a little bit of progress. Especially now that I have come back from not checking the boards all weekend and see so many people making so much progress! I'm just excited and ready to meet LO.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Re: First Internal...

• Options
    Ugh. I hate them, but I'm wondering if it's my doc too. Several weeks ago the main doc in my practice checked me since I was having some cramping - it was uncomfortable but not horrible, but a couple of weeks late when my regular doc (the midwife) started checking me, it was more painful. Not sure if it's because I was further along and more sore or what, but I really hate being checked...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think they get more uncomfortable and painful the closer you get to term.  I had one at about 32 weeks and it didn't hurt at all.  I had one at my appt last Thursday and it was super painful.  Someone on another board mentioned that the closer you get to term, the more sensitive that area gets.
    Daisypath baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are only 36 weeks, sorry to say, you probably will go to 40 weeks or later! I am not trying to be mean. Everyone on here who is a FTM thinks that it is normal to go early. It's not!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been checked yet, I am guessing they will on Thursday my next Appt.... I am hoping it hurts depending on who does it..... Sorry the student hurt you! Seems like she wasn't as experienced as they said..... I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!
  • Options

imagebrewcitybride:
    You are only 36 weeks, sorry to say, you probably will go to 40 weeks or later! I am not trying to be mean. Everyone on here who is a FTM thinks that it is normal to go early. It's not!

I do realize that I probably will not go early and that even if there was progress at the appointment that it wouldn't necessarily mean I was having her early. I guess I was just hoping that there was something going on down there. I see everyone talking about their progress and I'm just anxious.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"