TTC After a Loss

We have decided...

Today we have decided to try and get pregnant again. I experienced a miscarriage on 10/13 at 10 weeks pg. I went to see my doctor for follow up after D&C on Friday and she gave me the go ahead to try again, start BC, whatever my heart desired. Im a little nervous considering we didnt plan our first pregnancy. Anyone have any suggestions? Even though its soon, we both feel emotionally and physically ready to actually try this time. I worry that now that we are trying, it wont happen. I have continued my multi-vitamin and prenatal vitamin to help the process also.

Re: We have decided...

• Sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board. This is a good place to get and give support. A lot of the women here chart and/or use OPKs. Good luck!
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck!!  My only suggestion is to make sure you're giving yourself enough time to heal- both emotionally and physically.  You might want to think about waiting until after your first AF, just to be sure your body is doing what it needs to do.  Other than that, best of luck to you!  It's such a confusing, stressful time- you want to do the right thing, but you don't necessarily know what the right thing is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 5/2004 Karina Frances born February 6, 2005 8 lb., 6 oz.
    BFP #2 8/2010 Hadleigh Abigail born April 7, 2011 8 lb., 11 oz.
    BFP #3 7/2011 EDD 3/27/12 Missed MC at 12w3d (Sara Grace)
    BFP #4 12/13/11 EDD 8/19/12 Praying for this little baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the group, I am sorry for your loss and I hope that your time here is short and sweet.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find all the support and answers you need here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for your loss hun.  I find TTC extremely stressful, so I try my best not to make it more stressful than it has to be (yeah right.)  A lot of ladies on here chart (and it's great and it works for them!!) but it's not for me.  I think it would just make me even more bonkers than I already am.  For this 1st cycle post-MC, we're just using my MC as CD1 (like the doc recommended) and TTC during my "fertile window" based on those dates.  I use the Baby Center Ovulation calculator and it's usually right for me since I have a good idea of when I O (cramping, etc.)

If we don't get PG this cycle, I'll likely move to OPKs  which will help me get a better sense of when I O post MC (I already feel "off" since MC). Hopefully that will help pinpoint any changes in my cycle.

FX for you in your TTC journey. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I'm sorry for your loss. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Welcome to the board. Sorry for your loss. Hope your stay here is short and sweet!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board.
    BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sorry for your loss, and welcome to the board. Only you will know if you are truly ready to TTCAL. I wish you lots of luck, and hope your stay is short and sweet.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you everyone! My levels as of Friday were 31 and last night I finally got a negative HPT. Hopefully AF will arrive soon so we can officially begin trying! I was never told about my M/C being counted as CD1 so that really helps me out :) I do plan to track my days but I am unsure as to how to measure my temps. Does anyone have any suggestions for that or a website that explains it well?Thanks!
  • imageamyrdz522:
    Welcome to the group, I am sorry for your loss and I hope that your time here is short and sweet.

That pic is HI-larious!!!!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am very sorry for your loss. I agree with PP's, definitely make sure you give yourself time to grieve. Good luck.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• imageckoch77:
    Thank you everyone! My levels as of Friday were 31 and last night I finally got a negative HPT. Hopefully AF will arrive soon so we can officially begin trying! I was never told about my M/C being counted as CD1 so that really helps me out :) I do plan to track my days but I am unsure as to how to measure my temps. Does anyone have any suggestions for that or a website that explains it well?Thanks!

A lot of us use fertilityfriend (linked as a ticker in our signatures), which has a really good tutorial about charting. You'll want to go out and get a basal body temperature thermometer, which is carried at Wal-Mart, Target, and all major drugstores. It'll be about $7-$12. The only difference between it and a regular digital thermometer is that it will take your temp to the hundredth of a degree, versus just to the tenth (i.e., 98.63 instead of simply 98.6). You might also want to consider starting to check & chart some other signs, like presence & texture of cervical fluid, and maybe use ovulation tests (you can buy them cheap at the dollar store, or even cheaper on Amazon.com).

Best of luck, and sorry for your loss.  

• Welcome and good luck! We had our m/c in August and just decided to start trying again. Hope that your stay here is short and sweet!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"