Maine Babies
Options

total ounces in a day???

I never really kept track of total daily ounces until this week. She seems to eat about 27oz per day (7 bottles at 3-4oz each) and she is 7 weeks old.

Is this in the normal range?? I have no idea!?

Re: total ounces in a day???

• Options
    I read somewhere that anywhere from 25-40oz for the first 6 months is the normal range.
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options
    That was about right for DD when she was 7 weeks.  She just jumped up to the 4-5oz (about 7-8 bottles a day) range this week.  I'm guessing growth spurt.
    m/c 9/22/07 at 8w5d...BFP 12/23/07! DD born 9/4/2008, BFP 2/14/13...DS born 10/22/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAB&TB:
    I read somewhere that anywhere from 25-40oz for the first 6 months is the normal range.

That sounds about right to me...

:-)

• Options
    Somewhere in the 24-36 ounce range--give or take a few.  Sounds normal. :)
  • Options
    DD is 9 weeks and has been taking between 28-32 oz in a day for the last 3 weeks.  She usually has 7-8 bottles a day with 4 oz.  I'm waiting for her to want to increase the oz in each bottle but it hasn't happened yet.  We aren't pushing it because sometimes she barely finishes 4 oz.
  • Options
    I always heard 2-2.5x their weight is a good ballpark for the total # of oz per day in the beginning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"