October 2011 Moms
Options

XP- Congested baby

LO is a little over 2 weeks old. She had been sleeping great except for the past couple of nights. She wakes up sounding very congested but there is no snot in her nose; it sounds more like its in her chest like a cold. I just bought a humidifier but it doesn't seem to be helping that much. I try to clean out her nose just in case but nothing comes out. I was going to try the saline drops but I've heard that they aren't that safe so I left a message for her pedi to make sure.

Anybody else have this issue? Any suggestions on how I can make her more comfortable?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP- Congested baby

• Options
    My LO caught her first cold at 8 days old, and we used Little Noses saline drops... They helped a lot and we've been using them on and off since.  Our ped said they were fine.  HTH!
    BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • Options
    My LO caught her first cold at 8 days old.   We used Little Noses saline drops and they helped a lot... We're still using them occasionally.  My ped said they're fine.  HTH!
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oops... sorry for the double post.
  • Options

cool mist humidifier, and saline drops (they are perfectly safe--who told you they weren't?).  you can also run the shower very hot in your bathroom with the door shut and then sit with LO in the steam and see if that helps.

but always call the pedi to have LO checked out if you think it is her chest that sounds congested.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    imagejonnygurl76:

cool mist humidifier, and saline drops (they are perfectly safe--who told you they weren't?).  you can also run the shower very hot in your bathroom with the door shut and then sit with LO in the steam and see if that helps.

but always call the pedi to have LO checked out if you think it is her chest that sounds congested.

Thanks for the help ladies! My friend told me her pedi had said to use the drops sparingly, as they can dry out the nose if used too often. Sorry for the confusion...they are safe to use but I guess like anything else you just have to make sure you don't use too much!

Hopefully the humidifier helps. I just got the saline drops so we'll try that tonight too. If not, we'll have to try the shower. Hopefully its just her little nose and not her chest! Thanks again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"