November 2011 Moms

Are you buying nursing bras/ tops?

I am wondering if or how many nursing bras / tops I need to buy and take to the hospital with me?

We plan to BF if all works out, but I am a FTM and don't what's in the works for us in terms of our success with BFing. I don't want to buy a bunch of things that I won't be able to use and may not be able to return, but I want to be prepared.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are you buying nursing bras/ tops?

• I went and bought mine over the weekend. I ended up buying one sleeping bra, one nice bra and 2 sports bra looking ones at motherhood.  They had a sale where you buy 3 get one free.  I have been wearing the sports bra looking ones, and they are SOO comfortable! 

Oh and the lady that was working measured me and suggested what size to get.  It was helpful, I think I would have bought the wrong size if I didn't do this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm still up in the air about BF so I bought a few sports bras and a few shelf bra cami's knowing that I can just pull them down and give BFing a whirl. I did buy a few button down comfy shirts that I can wear too.  So I can't really answer your question about how many to buy.
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first, I had two sleep bras, three nursing tanks and three nursing bras. The Bravado Body Silk nursing bras were my favorite because they're stretchy, supportive and could accommodate multiple sizes. I wore them towards the end of my pregnancy, they fit when my milk came in and still worked when my supply regulated and they went down a bit. Smile
  • I'm buying a couple of cheap nursing tanks until my milk comes in and I have a better idea of the size my 'girls' will be.

• I just ordered some nursing bras and nursing tanks from Motherhood.  As a PP said, they're on sale right now (buy 4, get one free).  I got ones that were sized S, M, L rather than by bra sizes, since I have no idea how big I'll be once my milk comes in- I figure they'll have more leeway.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • With my first, I had two sleep bras, three nursing tanks and three nursing bras. The Bravado Body Silk nursing bras were my favorite because they're stretchy, supportive and could accommodate multiple sizes. I wore them towards the end of my pregnancy, they fit when my milk came in and still worked when my supply regulated and they went down a bit. Smile
  • For the hospital I have two nursing tanks. I don't see why you would need more than two tanks or bras.

For home for maternity leave I never wore nursing bras, because then you have to wear a shirt over it, and you would have to take your shirt off. So I would wear nursing tanks with an open cardigan. So much easier and more comfortable.

I never really pumped, so when I went out in public, I wouldn't wear a nursing bra, just a regular bra. I think I had two nursing bras total, and lots and lots of nursing tanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 3 nursing tops and 2 nursing bras... and already I need more!

I only brought one nursing top to the hospital with me. The first day I was there, I just wore the gown. The second day, I wore the nursing top.

I have been BFing for 2 weeks now, and I basically live in nursing tops and yoga pants. Since your LO will feed a *lot* and go through a growth spurt during those first few weeks, I think it makes sense to have some nursing clothes on hand, even if you wind up switching away from BFing after several weeks for whatever reason.

• I went to target and got one nursing bra (sporty type) and a nursing tank. I figured if BF worked out for me I would go get more. Well the pedi just told me today to stop trying to BF because LO isn't gaining weight, so I'm glad now that I didn't spend a lot of $$ on that stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"