Pregnant after a Loss

Please de-escalate me (well, be honest really)

So I'm 15w4d. I've never actually had a baby in there and I've never had a pregnancy without spotting/cramping. This pregnancy has been text book and I'm so beyond thankful for that. Yesterday (and maybe the day before?) I had some pain near my ute (or in it?), but toward the left. It hurts a little when I walk. Today it has increased in frequency. Not excrutiating, more nagging.

Do you think it's a ligament? Actual cramping? I'm not freaking out right now, but I know how easily I can talk myself into negativity. I just need some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please de-escalate me (well, be honest really)

• I've had pain there throughout my pregnancy.. I take it as growing pains and ignore it.
  • Is it near your hip?  I have had horrible hip pain with my pregnancy.  My other question is are you sure it is in your ute.  Sometimes when my stomach is upset I get pains super low and I spend a few minutes trying to figure out if it is my ute or stomach (it ends up being my stomach).

IMO, if it was actual cramping you would know. 

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know for sure, but seems like RLP.  I've been having all sorts of cramps/twinges down there on and off the whole time.  Sometimes I can tell its RLP (on the bikini line/sides) but sometimes its more in the center, but not overly menstral like... I assume thats just the ute growing/stretching... pressing on my bladder, who knows...

congrats on making it this far and being "textbook", great news :)

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
    FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
    IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
    BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
    Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get pains on both sides, not at the same time, that come and go.  They mostly there when I am in bed rolling over or when I do a big stretch.  I assume its some stretching going on in there.  I had the same thing with DS's pregnancy.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Sounds like growing pains to me. I am about a week behind you and have been having similar pains too. 
    Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ive had these off and on..and I had them with my DD. My dr said "not to worry" ( I hate that!) unless you are bleeding and are in severe pain. I know Im not much help..just trying to ease your mind.
    Preston Cash my angel born sleeping @34 weeks 5-16-09
    BFP 9-16-11
    Married to DH since 11-2-08
    DD (9) DS (8)
    Jude Levi, My rainbow baby, born May 8th 2012. We are so in love!
  • I say RLP.  I felt a lot of weird aches and pains towards the beginning, and even now get RLP.  I hate the word "cramping" because it makes me think of something bad happening, but really it's normal to have weird, painful twinges, pulls, and aches.  Another thing to consider...how's your pooping been going?  It could be constipation or other GI pains.  It's hard to know because all the organs in your body are moving around...so it's hard to tell if it's your stomach or your ute.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• I would say it's RLP or you have to poop.
  • imagechloebeth930:

Is it near your hip?  I have had horrible hip pain with my pregnancy.  My other question is are you sure it is in your ute.  Sometimes when my stomach is upset I get pains super low and I spend a few minutes trying to figure out if it is my ute or stomach (it ends up being my stomach).

IMO, if it was actual cramping you would know. 

It's about three inches in from my hip bone and lower. A little bit in from my bikini line. I don't know if it's my ute or something outside my ute. Doesn't seem like cramping, but then what the hell do I know what cramping feels like when a baby is in there. I second guess everything.

I just listened to LO yesterday. I didn't do anything strenuous (we did have sex twice this weekend, which is unusual).

• imagelauralew:
    I say RLP.  I felt a lot of weird aches and pains towards the beginning, and even now get RLP.  I hate the word "cramping" because it makes me think of something bad happening, but really it's normal to have weird, painful twinges, pulls, and aches.  Another thing to consider...how's your pooping been going?  It could be constipation or other GI pains.  It's hard to know because all the organs in your body are moving around...so it's hard to tell if it's your stomach or your ute.

I'm hoping it's RLP, but then I dont' really know where my round ligament is (I was a bio major, I really should know more about this - embarrassed). Pooping has been better lately (great compared to the last few weeks). I didn't take any zofran fri or sat, and only took it late on sun. That helped a lot. I passed some gas and was hoping it would go away, but it didn't.

OK. I just took a pointless walk around my office. Doesn't hurt unless I lean back. That sounds connective tissue like, right?

I need to distract myself. It's probably just growing pains.

• imagelotus88:

imagelauralew:
    I say RLP.  I felt a lot of weird aches and pains towards the beginning, and even now get RLP.  I hate the word "cramping" because it makes me think of something bad happening, but really it's normal to have weird, painful twinges, pulls, and aches.  Another thing to consider...how's your pooping been going?  It could be constipation or other GI pains.  It's hard to know because all the organs in your body are moving around...so it's hard to tell if it's your stomach or your ute.

I'm hoping it's RLP, but then I dont' really know where my round ligament is (I was a bio major, I really should know more about this - embarrassed). Pooping has been better lately (great compared to the last few weeks). I didn't take any zofran fri or sat, and only took it late on sun. That helped a lot. I passed some gas and was hoping it would go away, but it didn't.

OK. I just took a pointless walk around my office. Doesn't hurt unless I lean back. That sounds connective tissue like, right?

I need to distract myself. It's probably just growing pains.

YAY for good poops!!  Yeah, sounds like connective tissue to me.  You are FINE.  Deep breaths!!  Let yourself feel happy about all the text book-ness of your pregnancy.  This is just one more normal thing you can check off the list. :) 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• I would tend to agree w/ everyone else and chalk it up to growing/stretching pains.  They come and go and can be a bit alarming, but if you don't have bleeding, I would say you are pretty safe. 

Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier. ~Author Unknown <a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/princess_red/?action=view
  • Sounds like RLP, mine actually started pretty early and I have had it off and on the while pregnancy. Mine is usually sore along my bikini line on either side up to my hip bone. Some days it's nagging all day! Never hurts to call but I bet all is fine!!
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
  • Growing pains - no worries!
    image??? Baby Jane born sleeping @ 22.5 weeks ??? MY OWN NUTSHELL -- The Blog
  • growing pain ....relax
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like RLP - i had it pretty early. I also had "bladder spasms" (so says my Ob) that would come on when I needed to pee and right afterwards... she said some women get them b/c their bodies don't like all the smooshing of the internal organs.... my body clearly is one of those! Sometimes changing positions helps w/ RLP but mostly its just fun growing pains and your ute expanding!
  • It sounds like ligament pain to me
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • It sounds like round ligament pain to me.  Also, are you "regular".  My GI tract has been in "distress" from the beginning of this pregnancy and I've been having gassy cramping everyday.  I broke down this weekend and bought the fiber gummies to help out the situation.

• It sounds like RLP to me.  If you sit and rest for a while does it ease up?  You are definitely at the stage where the RLP was pretty awful for me.  It's probably everything growing. 
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Could definitely be RLP, but most of the time when I've had pain on my left side it was due to, ummm... digestive issues.
  • imageFroggy76:
    Could definitely be RLP, but most of the time when I've had pain on my left side it was due to, ummm... digestive issues.

This.  Some of the worst cramps I've had this pregnancy have been due to digestive issues.  Hugs to you.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14

• I'm going to go with pp on growing pains.  I had something like that on Sat., more in the left bikini line area and hurt to walk for a bit.... but then finally went away.  I chalked it up to things moving and growing. 
  • Thanks for all your support ladies. You're all so wonderful. I wish there was a kissy face emoticon. Muah!
  • I find that when I am not feeling sick or throwing up...  I get cramps to take the place.  I usually cramp throughout the day (down low and either in the middle or off to my right) and it has been happening since 4 weeks.  I did just have an ultrasound and they found a 6 cm. cyst on my ovary that they said could be causing the cramping and pain.  When I had sharp pains for a week straight.. my belly ended up "popping out" right after they slowed down.  Another girl mentioned to me to drink lots of water! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"