3rd Trimester

If your baby was breech

I know it's still early in the game for me and my LO can still turn on her own - I was just wondering if you noticed when your LO turned to vertex?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If your baby was breech

• DD1 never did.  DD2 turned in my 34th week.
  • I have no idea when my baby turned, all I know is that it was breech throughout the pregnancy up until my 36 week appt., when it had turned. I can't say I felt it or had any idea it had turned (I still feel all the movement really low). So don't lose faith, you just never know!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I never felt mine flip. I just know out of nowhere at my 34 week appointment she was suddenly head-down like she was supposed to be, after she flipped back and forth repeatedly the rest of my pregnancy.

The good news is that she's stayed head down and here I am at 39 weeks. 

My OB says the big thing is that baby is flipped come "showtime."

• I'm a FTM but for what it's worth: mine was breech during the mid-20s weeks, midwife couldn't tell at my 31 week appt, and was head down today at 33 weeks. I'm not sure when the baby's flipped exactly, I suspect during my sleep because I kept having dreams about my husband thrashing about in the night when in fact he was soundly sleeping, but I definitely feel the difference - I have to pee all the time & I can breathe again!

I've been using some natural methods to encourage proper position, as described by the Bradley method & also by an insert in the Ricki Lake book: 

-daily pelvic rocks / "angry cat" exercises

-lots of "taylor sitting" / sitting upright with legs crossed

-using the hot/cold technique: keep lower half of belly warmer than upper half. I do it by sitting up in a non-quite full bath

I don't know if any of these make a difference but they don't seem to hurt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"