3rd Trimester

Has this happened to you??

Last night I woke up out of a sound sleep choking on vomit. It was really weird! This has never happened to me before. Then this morning I went to drink my coffee, and after I swallowed it, it came right back up! It seems like I can only take little sips of liquids and tiny bites of food? Do you think it?s just the ?lack of room? inside me  (I?m almost 38 weeks)or is this something I should call the doctor on?

Thanks

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Has this happened to you??

• This started happening to me a couple weeks ago...lovely acid reflux.  The first time it woke me up during a nap and I was actually choking.  Totally freaked me out.  It's all because of the baby taking up room and everything being squished.  I'm real careful to not eat anything too close to bedtime and if I eat before a nap I just nap propped up.  I would mention it at your next appt though and if you are too uncomfortable they can probably give you something for it. 
  • My OB had me start taking Prilosec and it has helped a LOT!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This happens to me occasionally and seems to be related to the position of the baby.  Hang in there!  I know it sucks.  Just take it slow with the eating and drinking and keep those tums handy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!
  • I agree, it sounds like acid reflux.  Coffee is REALLY bad for this.  Give it up for now if you can, or at least substitute tea if you are really addicted to the caffeine boost.  I have a lot of trouble with this myself.  Tea is still pretty acidic but not nearly as bad as coffee.  Prop yourself up with pillows when you sleep so that you're not flat, that'll help with the digestion.  And don't eat too close to bed or naptime -- give yourself at least an hour to digest.

It's a real pain, I feel for you. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thanks ladies!!! hopefully I dont have too much longer of dealing with this :)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had some kind of bug a few months ago that did that - it lasted a few days and nothing was digesting, just sitting in my stomach and constantly coming up via acid reflux. I finally vomited everything I ate, which helped but I still could hardly drink anything for a day or two without the constant acid reflux. The reason I think it was a bug is because 2 people at my work had the same thing happen that week. I finally called the doc and they told me to take Prilosec - I did it for about 3 days and it went away. It was awful! Worse than regular acid reflux for sure. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd say it's just acid reflux - fantastic, right?! :)

I've only been having a problem with it at night, but I truly believe it was always from baby's position and my position because most of the time I'd be just fine, but once I settled in for the night, it was there. I never found one food or another to be cause more problems than another. Baby has dropped a little (I think) so I feel like some space has opened up, woohoo!

imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
  • happened to me several times in my first pregnancy and so far (thank goodness) not in this one. It's so scary and gross!!!

I never called the doc about it. didn't think to. sleeping at an incline helped but didn't help me sleep! :(

sorry you're dealing with this!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"