TTC after 35
Options

GTKY -- your song

Okay, here's some fun for a snowy (for some of us) Saturday afternoon.  What was the "first dance" song at your wedding and/or what is the song you and SO consider "your song"?

Our first dance song was Let's Stay Together by Al Green.  We've always loved that song -- DH played it the first night I ever stayed over (blush) and we had a great R&B band at our wedding so their cover was awesome.  It was also up-tempo enough that we didn't have to know any actual dance steps to have some fun on the floor -- no time for lessons before the wedding, unfortunately!

Then, for our first Valentine's Day while married, DH brought me to an Al Green show as a surprise.* Very sweet. 

*The V-Day show actually got snowed out, but he figured out something else and brought me to the make-up show a month later.  It was still a surprise and still a great, if postponed, Valentine's Day!

ETA:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COiIC3A0ROM&feature=related 

Re: GTKY -- your song

• Options
    Sweet song, Hijoi!
  • Options
    We chose "Never my love" by the Association for our first dance song. I like it though, I don't think of it as "our song".

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Our first dance was "I've got you under my skin" by Frank Sinatra.  We did a lovely choreographed fox trot.  Any beautiful memories that our first dance created were completely undone by a really, really bad drunk karaoke rendition of "Islands in the Stream."  I mean really, really bad.  My now brother-in-law videotaped it and I was afraid it would go viral.

Oh, and since we got married on Elvis's birthday, our last song of the reception was the remix of "A little less conversation."  Good times.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Our song is You're My Home by Billy Joel.  "You're my castle, you're my cabin and my instant pleasure dome.  Wherever we're together, that's my home".

• Options
    Our song is "Everything" by Michael Buble. We did have a choreographed dance at our wedding. There is a line "whatever comes our way, we'll make it through because that's what our love can do". That lines means so much more to me now after all this IF.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    imagebrooklynesque:

Okay, here's some fun for a snowy (for some of us) Saturday afternoon.  What was the "first dance" song at your wedding and/or what is the song you and SO consider "your song"?

Our first dance song was Let's Stay Together by Al Green.  We've always loved that song -- DH played it the first night I ever stayed over (blush) and we had a great R&B band at our wedding so their cover was awesome. 

I love that this was your first dance song. How fun!  Ours was Made to Love You by Gerald Levert.  DH is also a big R&B fan.

• Options
    Everyone has such lovely songs. We have lots that we share, but none that is really "our song". I suppose it's not too late to get one.
  • Options

"Our" song is "At Last" by Etta James.  Cliche, perhaps, but on our first Valentine's Day together we heard the Beyonce version and both said we liked the song, but liked the original better.

About 3 months into dating, DH texted me that he had a dream that we had gotten married and heard our song playing as we danced.  It was then it became officially "our" song.

It is my ringtone and ringback tone for DH only, and we danced to it at our wedding (though we did a "lead in" with the talking part of "Practice What You Preach" by Barry White).

• Options

This is a fun thread! Ours is "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone. I have no idea how to make this link clickable, but anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tuTSi6Sck

It's perfect for us and was perfect for our wedding day, but I chose it.  Like owlprof and McIrish, we did a surprise choreographed foxtrot (great minds think alike!) -- it was great.  We've never been able to dance like *that* again....

p.s. I'm kind of mad that Weight Watchers co-opted the song for its new ads with Jennifer Hudson....

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Options

You guys are making me want to learn to foxtrot!  Seriously, some great picks here.

I really wish DH and I had had time to plan a choreographed dance.  But DH and I were both apoplectic with stress leading up to the wedding (because of the wedding planning, yes -- neither set of parents live nearby, so there was no one to lessen the load -- but also because of nutty work hours).  Something had to give.  Well, more than one thing gave, actually:  I also decided I wasn't doing favors.  And I didn't work out or get into better shape beforehand.  I think I'm the only bride in history who didn't lose even an ounce of weight in the six months before the wedding.  ;-P

ETA:  I should say, the only bride who wasn't KU'd who didn't lose weight! 

• Options

Ours was Songbird by Fleetwood Mac.  It is kind of funny because I am a huge Stevie Nicks fan, but Christie McVie sings that one...

...And I feel that when I'm with you,
    It's alright, I know it's right...
    ...And the songbirds are singing,
    Like they know the score,
    And I love you, I love you, I love you,
    Like never before.

Ahh, it's been a long time since I've thought about it because it's never played on the radio and we've been married almost 15 years.  Sleep

• Options

Our first dance was "Nice and Easy" by Frank Sinatra.  We did a foxtrot, too.  DH learned how to ballroom ddance in college, so he has been teaching me (I am a big klutz).

We have an inside joke with "The Girl From Impanema" - it just pops up at the strangest times for us and we always burst out laughing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

Our song is "new Morning" by Bob Dylan. We hiked up to our wedding spot on a Sunday morning and then had a picnic, so it fit.

So happy just to see you smile
    Underneath the sky of blue
    On this new morning, new morning
    On this new morning with you

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Options
    imageowlprof:

Our first dance was "I've got you under my skin" by Frank Sinatra.  We did a lovely choreographed fox trot.  Any beautiful memories that our first dance created were completely undone by a really, really bad drunk karaoke rendition of "Islands in the Stream."  I mean really, really bad.  My now brother-in-law videotaped it and I was afraid it would go viral.

Oh, and since we got married on Elvis's birthday, our last song of the reception was the remix of "A little less conversation."  Good times.

How fun!

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am so jealous of those of you that had dance lessons before the wedding.  I wanted to but DH refused.  Our song was to make you feel my love by Billy Joel.  The only thing that we could not agree on during wedding prep was what song we wanted.  We both knew that it would be Billy Joel but could not agree on a song.  I don't remember the other choices but we went with that one and now I love it.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This thread is great!  Everyone has such great songs and kudos to the couples who learned a dance for their weddings :)   We don't really have "one" song, but the song that most makes me think of my DH is "You're My Best Friend" by Queen. 

"I've been with you such a long time

you're my sunshine,

and I want you to know that my feelings are true

...I really love you. 

Ohhh, you're my best friend" 

m/c at 6 wks 2002
    Endometriosis, s/p lap 2009
    Behcet's disease, s/p partial vulvectomy 2010
    Started bromocriptine to lower prolactin level 2010
    Clear HSG 11/2010 :)
    DH morphology = 4, rest of SA looked good 01/2011
    02/2011 First Clomid 50mg cycle
    BFP 03/02/2011
    No heartbeat at 10w5d 04/18/2011; D&C 04/23/2011
    07/2011 Second Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
    08/2011 Third Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
    10/2011 First Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    11/2011 Second Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    12/2011 Third Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFFN
    01/2012 Fourth Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = ?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"