Pregnant after a Loss

DH at ultrasound?

When did you, or will you, invite DH to join you during an ultrasound?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH at ultrasound?

• My DH has gone to every single appointment with me.  He especially wouldn't have missed any Ultrasounds...he talks about baby all day after seeing him!  Smile
    BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine has been at every single one, we've had 6 so far (I was being checked wkly at the RE).....  I couldn't stand the thought of finding out bad news without him there, I also want him to feel connected somehow since he doesn't get to experience it the same way we do...

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
    FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
    IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
    BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
    Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband has been at every ultrasound, including the medication monitoring that got us here.  
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • imagewilliams4me:
    My DH has gone to every single appointment with me.  He especially wouldn't have missed any Ultrasounds...he talks about baby all day after seeing him!  Smile

Yup.  This exactly.  DH won't miss a single appointment even if it is just a hb and bp check.

• My DH will definitely not go to every appointment, that is kind of overkill with me.  That said, he has been to every u/s (4 in all so far) except one and only has skipped the 16w appointment because I knew it would just be a HB check. 
  • DH can come as much as he wants and work allows but I won't have him in the appt with the OB because the room is too small and I have heard the nurses complain about it. If something serious has to be discussed I would bring him in but the doc usually bring us to her office for stuff like that.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Thanks for all your responses.  Because I'm not very far along (6 wks, 1 day) my next u/s will be transvaginal.  My poor DH gets queasy over the dumbest stuff so I guess I'll let him decide.  Although he totally wants to be involved, I would hate for the tech to have to worry about my DH fainting.  Geez, he's gonna be a total mess in about nine months (hopefully!!!)  
  • DH went to every single ultrasound with me, in fact he went to every appointment up until the a/s and he'll go whenever we're expecting some kind of test results or anything.  I think he'll start going again once I start going weekly and am getting checked.  Just in case they were to send me straight to the hospital.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BFP #1 - 5/15/10, EDD 2/11/11, missed m/c no heartbeat at u/s, D&C 7/14/10 BFP #2 - 3/14/11, EDD 11/25/11, natural m/c at 5 wks BFP #3 - 4/27/11, DD born 12/14/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH has gone to every u/s, and about half of my regular appointments.

I have no idea how your DH would get queasy at a transvaginal u/s... they just put a cover over you and stick the wand up there- it's not like he'll see anything.  Also, now I'm wondering how you two have sex if he can't stomach the thought of something going up your vag Surprise

• DH will go to my appointments if work allows him too.  He works a lot away from home so he isn't always available to make appointments.   I've had a lot of ultrasounds and he hasn't been to all of them but to majority of them. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • imagecandacek31:

imagewilliams4me:
    My DH has gone to every single appointment with me.  He especially wouldn't have missed any Ultrasounds...he talks about baby all day after seeing him!  Smile

Yup.  This exactly.  DH won't miss a single appointment even if it is just a hb and bp check.

i third this!

my DH has been to every single appointment, even the five minute ones. every single one from the first pregnancy, and every single one from this pregnancy too. he refuses to miss, it's cute! Big Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

? BFP #1 EDD 10/18/2011. Twin Blighted Ovums 3/10/11. D&C on 3/11/11 ?
    ?BFP #2 5/19/2011 ? 9/1/2011 - it's a BOY!!! ? Jace Matthew born 1/23/12 ?

?BFP 6/21/2012 - EDD 3/5/2013 - natural MC 7/22/2012 at 7w ?
    ?BFP 10/24/2012 - EDD 6/26/2013, grow little one grow!?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH is going to as many appts as he can (so far has been all of them and was all but 2 with DD).  We can adjust our work schedules so that he can make the appts, which I know isn't as easy for some couples. 

FWIW, I like having him there because it helps show my drs that I not only have great support but someone else holding me accountable.  If my dr says to take it easy, well then DH heard it, and he's going to help me follow dr's orders.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • DH has gone to every single appointment with me. At first, it was just because I needed the reassurance and he didn't want me to potentially get bad news on my own. He was going to stop going to them with me but now he's worried with the PTL issues that I'll get sent to the hospital so he wants to be there in case it happens. 

If you're worried about the transvaginal u/s, just have him stand up by your head and focus on the screen.  

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If I know it's an ultrasound appt.  I make sure I let him know, since I don't want to have those alone.  During our last pg, I had a "let's just make sure everything's ok U/S and he wasn't there. So far we've only had a dating ultrasound and I'm glad he came, we even go to see the heartbeat at that one.  
  • DH goes to every planned u/s since he needs to get approval in advance for time out of work.  I've already had 4 unplanned u/s's this pregnancy that he has missed.  :(
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • My FI has gone to every single one. I couldn't imagine not having him there. He loves seeing LO and is always able to see more than me and tells me about it later.
  • He came to all of mine, except for when he was out of town on business.  My mom came with me to those.
  • I guess I feel he doesn't really need to be invited.  It is his baby, I wouldn't be pregnant without him, he is welcome to come to anything he wants.

He has made it to my one planned u/s, took off work for the NT scan Friday and missed 2 because they were unplanned. 

• My DH has been at every appointment excluding just the weekly blood draws and bp tests recently.  He loves hearing the HB and seeing the baby, everytime he sees him he talks all day about his little boy.  I love that he is there.
  • DH came with me to our first u/s with our first pg, but with the 2nd pg he didnt want to go so I went alone. But this time he is very excited and we went together, that was good because we really need eachother.....ok I needed him! lol
  • My DH has gone to almost all of the major u/s with me.  He can't get the time off to go to all of them, but if he could, he absolutely would.  He has only missed the first one (prior to seeing a hb), the first dating scan with the OB, the NT scan and one of the growth scans.  He has been to all of the others. 
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • DH goes to every appointment with me, regardless of what it us.  We usually do lunch together afterward, so that's always a nice treat too! :)  We plan on going to every appointment together as long as work doesn't start to get weird about him taking the time off to go.
    BFP #1 12/23/10--Natural M/C 12/31/10 @ 6w1d BFP #2 5/13/11--Natural M/C 5/26/11 @ 6w3d BFP #3 9/7/11--U/S #1 9/20 Gest. & Yolk Sac--U/S #2 9/27 A beautiful baby with it's heart fluttering away at 133BPM BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine plans to, though today with my impromptu ultrasound I just went alone.  The tech looked at me kinda weird when I said I was alone, so it seems less common to not have him there.
  • Most of my ultrasounds with the losses I went on my own.  This time I went on my own for the early scan, then DH came with me for the NT and A/S.  Just how it worked out for us...bad news on the early scans I can handle on my own, but I really wanted the support for the later scans.  Plus he was excited to see the critter!

The fertility clinic appts I went to on my own except for the first one.  Sometimes I got strange looks, but I have a medical background and am comfortable relaying information.  No point in him skipping work to go.  Same with the regular Dr appts.  I can call him if I need him.  :) 

Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

image     image

• With this pregnancy, my husband went to 12 weeks NT scan.  Actually, my son went together too:)  But I went solo at 18 weeks and 22 weeks.  I'm getting an ultrasound every four weeks at my perinatologist, but I'll probably keep going by myself.  He can always come if he wants to, but he is super busy at work, and I'm fine going on my own.  

When we had our son, I was worried that my husband would pass out in the delivery room, but he watched everything while I was having a c-section, and he was fine:)   

m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine came to all 3 of my u/s appts as well as my first 2 OB appts.  I didn't go by myself until I got into 2nd tri.
    BFP#1 11-26-10 MMC 1-13-11
    BFP#2 6-8-11 Eleanor Beatrice born 2-15-12
    BFP#3 9-4-13 Benjamin Lee born 4-28-14

• MH goes to all of them. Why shouldn't he? It's his baby too.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• I have the knack of getting to a point where I feel nice and comfortable and don't "need" DH with me at an u/s, and then getting bad news at the effing ONE u/s he doesn't go to.

With PG#1, the one u/s he didn't go to, a found out that LO had a fatal birth defect, and with PG#3 I was told I was going to be delivered that day (2m early).

He didn't go to my other appts, but he went to the u/s ones. Even when I was going for u/s every two weeks (except for the 2 instances listed above)

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• When I was pregnant with DD, he came to 2 of 3 u/s I had at my doc's office and 1 u/s at a friend's business to find out gender (4 weeks earlier than my a/s with my doc).  This time he was there for the u/s at my first appt and will come to whatever scan I have to find out gender.
  • imagecandacek31:

imagewilliams4me:

My BF has been to every appointment too and plans to come to them all. Yesterday was just weight/bp and a doppler and he was so glad to be there and hear the heartbeat again!

Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier. ~Author Unknown <a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/princess_red/?action=view
  • My H only attends the U/S appointments. I don't see a need for him to take off work for regular appointments where I am just peeing in a cup and listening to the doppler.
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • He comes to every apt with me.  It's so special.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"