Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Trying to sit up in bouncer?

My LO is four months and he is constantly trying to sit up in his bouncer chair. It is reclined and he constantly leans all the way forward into the sitting position. I thought this was way to early, is he really trying to sit up? Anyone else's LO do this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerborder="0 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Trying to sit up in bouncer?

• Options

my son has been doing this for about a month now. We finally had to ditch the bouncer and we got him a little seat. (like a bumbo...but it's the knockoff brand!). He LOOOOVES it. We finally put away the bouncer when he leaned so far forward trying to sit up that he almost pushed the bouncer over. And I always counted on the bouncer to keep him safe, not to have him falling over!  So now we have the seat. It has a real nice high back on it so I don't have to worry about him not being fully supported and then we got a tray for the front to put toys on so it keeps his attention. it's great. my son is already sitting up now with just a pillow laying flat behind him, but that seat is great! I def recommend it. I found it online for 10 bucks (including shipping) so it's really not bad!

• Options

DD does this in her bouncer, swing, bathtub and car seat. She recently discovered her right foot, so I think she's trying to grab it.

Does your LO sit in a Bumbo at all? DD loves hers. Her bouncer & swing also adjust to sit more upright, so we've been trying those as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO has been doing this for a few weeks.  He tries to sit up in the bouncer, bath seat and now the RNP.  He will even sit up on his own for about 30 seconds but he still slumps over a bit when he gets tired.  My mom said I was the same way when I was a baby so I'm not too surprised.  I was pulling up and standing on furniture at 6 months!
  • Options
    Definitely not too early. My DD never liked being held in the crook of your arm (like a cradle hold or whatever). So even from as early as just a couple weeks old she would try to sit up right in anyone's arms. As she got stronger from so much up-right time it was probably around 2.5 months that she easily and regularly did this in her swing/ when propped up against the couch, etc.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Time to say bye bye to the bouncer.  
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"