Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Swaddling a big baby...

Our DS is a big and healthy baby...he is already 12 lbs at 1 month old!  We are using the Summer Infant Swaddle Me but DS has outgrown it.  I am terrified of using regular swaddle blankets because he is strong and breaks free of all blankets.  We could get the next size up in the Swaddle Me however it's not my favorite...the velcro sound always seems to wake him up.  Just wondering if any of you with big movable babies have a preference is swaddles.  Maybe the woombie?  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Swaddling a big baby...

• Options
    If he breaks free from the blanket swaddle (which DD does all the time) I suggest using a baby safe diaper pin! It works for me
  • Options

Youtube the escape proof swaddle. DD used to get out of her swaddles and can't get out of this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Look into the Woombie! We started using it and dd slept through the night for the first time the very first night and we havent' looked back! IMO it's so much safer than regular swaddle blankets as well as the different ones that velcro on baby. We love ours.
  • Options

We have a ginormous baby, and the miracle blanket works great! Same idea as the escape proof swaddle, but I find it a lot easier to swaddle tight enough.

I would try the escape proof swaddle first, since it uses blankets you probably already have, but if it doesn't work for you, the miracle blanket has been a life saver for us.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    we swaddled with Halo swaddles until he was breaking loose at over 4 months.  They make getting a nice tight swaddle super easy, and are certainly safer then loose blanket that could too easily come undone. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"