Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Christmas ornament....how would I make this?

https://pearhead.com/product_detail.php?id=76

I would like to put DS handprint on an ornament like this.  Is there any way to do this without purchasing a kit? 

Re: Christmas ornament....how would I make this?

• I am sure you could use some type of clay and a little ribbon.
  • use salt dough :-)

my computer is acting up, or i would link the recipe

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That'll be easy.  Go to michael's or your local craft store and buy polymer clay.  Roll it out, press LO's handprint, use a cookie cutter around it (whatever shape you want that way), and poke a hole in it for the ribbon.  The polymer clay is baked in the oven on a cookie sheet, and it won't bulge, flatten, or burn like some of the handmade dough will. 

Good luck!  I plan on filling glass ornaments and putting LO's handprint on the outside of it, but I'll probably do one of these for myself too.

• Thanks for the great suggestions!!
  • imageMs5586:

That'll be easy.  Go to michael's or your local craft store and buy polymer clay.  Roll it out, press LO's handprint, use a cookie cutter around it (whatever shape you want that way), and poke a hole in it for the ribbon.  The polymer clay is baked in the oven on a cookie sheet, and it won't bulge, flatten, or burn like some of the handmade dough will. 

Good luck!  I plan on filling glass ornaments and putting LO's handprint on the outside of it, but I'll probably do one of these for myself too.

What will you fill the glass ornaments with? 

• Just a little input, it may be easier to do a footprint than a hand print! I wanted to do LO's handprints on a frame I made but he's always got tight little fists and would not cooperate at all. We ended up doing his feet and it was a lot easier! 
  • I'm going to use some sort of fake snow, glitter, or the shredded shiny ribbon pieces.  It probably won't be full all the way, but just something to make it a little  more festive and fun.

An extra tip...it's much easier to do when they're sleeping.  If they're in a very deep sleep, they shouldn't ball up their fists or curl up their toes.

• we did it with crayola air dry clay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"