Stay at Home Moms

Hey girls - update on me and the baby

I very quickly came down with HELLP Syndrome and had to deliver early. Layla is doing really well for her gestational age (I had her at 24w2d on Friday). My liver was swollen and starting to shut down, so they had to get her out ASAP. She also quit growing on the inside because of my high bp. Anyway, I'm doing much better, will probably be released on Tuesday. She's a fighter. Tonight I got to do some hands on time with her, and did what they call containment - basically holding her body while she was laying in her incubator. She used less oxygen off her respirator thingy at the time, so it was definitely good for her. She was 1 lb 6 oz at birth and 10 inches long. We have a long road ahead, but are confident that she'll pull through. She's such an amazing baby, and I love her so much.
imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Hey girls - update on me and the baby

• Glad to hear that things are going well, all things considered. I hope this long road ahead of you is smooth with no more bumps in it. Sending thoughts and prayers to you, Layla, and your entire family! 

BTW I love the name Layla, so pretty!  

• Thank you for the updates jeni... 

I am thinking of you and your beautiful baby Layla.  I hope you both heal and recover as soon as possible.  Grow Layla grow!  

thoughts and prayers for both of you...  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahhh - jenifairies!  So glad to hear from you.  So glad things are as good as can be expected.  She has a beautiful name.  My reply in the other post was so crappy because I couldn't come up with any thing worthwhile thing to say.  It was such a punch in the gut to see that post.  Thinking about you!!!  Thanks for updating.  Big hugs!
  • How scary; I'm glad you're doing well, and I hope she continues to grow and thrive!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So happy to hear that you're recovering well and that Layla is safe and sound in her incubator.  The preemie road is a long one, but it's full of so many wonderful bonding moments with your new little girl as you help her to grow.  Good luck Mama and congrats on your baby girl.  I hope DD#1 enjoys being a big sister.  Maybe she can work on some pictures to make to help decorate Layla's incubator!
  • What a scary situation, but you seem to be handling it really well.  I'll be thinking about you and your little love.  *big hugs*
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • I'm glad you're doing better. We'll be praying for Layla and for your family.
  • Thanks so much for the update!  We are thinking about you all!!

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• I'm so glad you've updated us, I was just wondering about you.

I'm continuing to send lots of good thoughts and prayers for you and Layla.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats Jeni! :)

We are all pulling for you- all praying and our thoughts are with you. Stay strong.

I am so glad to hear that you are better. It will be a long road for sure-

Someone recommended the premie board on the nest- in time hopefully you will find all the support you need- here and there.

If you need anything- feel free to reach out to me! :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • So glad to hear that you're recovering well and that baby Layla is on her way- we will be thinking of you and your family!! Grow strong Layla! :)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Continuing positive thoughts for you and little Layla!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mostly just a lurker... But you have been in my thoughts all weekend. Glad to hear all is going well. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Grow baby Layla!  

Best of luck and continued prayers to you and your sweet new addition! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Glad to hear you are both doing so well!  I am sure Layla will continue to enjoy the physical contact with you as she gets stronger.  Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
  • Glad you both are doing so well. (((hugs))) lots of prayers coming your way.
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Glad to hear she's a little fighter and you are both doing well. I hope she continues to thrive and grow.
  • Sending you lots of positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!  Layla is such a beautiful name. 
  • I'm so glad you're doing better. I hope Layla has an uneventful stay in the NICU. Your family is in my thoughts.

• So glad you all are okay.  Praying for you and Layla and the rest of your family!
  • Thanks everyone.

Susan - don't sweat it. I was surprised as hell myself. Nothing like going in at 24 weeks for pain (not contrax) and delivering a couple hours later.

Alaina is doing ok. My mom is staying there with her, and DH is going home to see her a bit during the day and tuck her in at night. Friends are coming over to bring their kids to play, and one took her out to the pumpkin patch all day Satuday.

DH feels more like he needs to be here for me, so he's sleeping at the hospital with me. I'm so thankful. He's been absolutely wonderful.

And while I'm at it a short baby update - they were able to lower her dopamine levels and she had a good night. They may be able to give some breastmilk through her tube today.

• Congrats Jeni! Glad to hear you are both doing well all things considered. You, Layla, and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers through this journey.  Hope her NICU stay is as uneventful as possible.

The preemie board on the bump is great with lots of great supportive women. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations on your new baby girl:)  Been sending good and positive thoughts your way for a smooth road ahead!  Best wishes and thanks for the update!
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Keep thinking about you two and hope that she continues to thrive and grow like the other babies I've known to be born so early.  Glad to hear you are so positive too.  I know that she can feel that and it has to help.
  • I am gld things are going so well, considering!  I hope she keeps getting stronger and is able to come home with you in only a few short months.  We'll be thinking of you and her!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • What a beautiful name! T&P to you and your family. 
    IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejenifairies:
    I very quickly came down with HELLP Syndrome and had to deliver early. Layla is doing really well for her gestational age (I had her at 24w2d on Friday). My liver was swollen and starting to shut down, so they had to get her out ASAP. She also quit growing on the inside because of my high bp. Anyway, I'm doing much better, will probably be released on Tuesday. She's a fighter. Tonight I got to do some hands on time with her, and did what they call containment - basically holding her body while she was laying in her incubator. She used less oxygen off her respirator thingy at the time, so it was definitely good for her. She was 1 lb 6 oz at birth and 10 inches long. We have a long road ahead, but are confident that she'll pull through. She's such an amazing baby, and I love her so much.

Congrats on your new baby girl! Is she still on a ventilator? That is great they were able to turn her O2 support down! Have they been able to give you any results from her u/s? Have the nurses told you what the statistics about girl in the NICU? They do much, much better than boys :) Especially if they are a little ornery LOL Congrats again and my thoughts and prayers are with your family and your little miracle.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Oh my gosh, Jeni!  I hope you are recovering well.  I'm sending all the positive vibes I can to OK for you and your little girl.  Stay strong, Layla!
  • Thank you for the update, and congrats on your new little girl! I'm glad to hear that you are both healing well, you're in my thoughts. 

That must have been magical to see that she needed less oxygen from having your touch, What a special moment.  

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Thanks for the update! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and especially baby Layla!
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • OMG, I'm so glad you're safe and that Layla is such a strong little fighter. I'll keep you both in my T&P's.
  • imageDeblondie1:

imagejenifairies:

Congrats on your new baby girl! Is she still on a ventilator? That is great they were able to turn her O2 support down! Have they been able to give you any results from her u/s? Have the nurses told you what the statistics about girl in the NICU? They do much, much better than boys :) Especially if they are a little ornery LOL Congrats again and my thoughts and prayers are with your family and your little miracle.  

She is on a ventilator. Honestly, I'm not too versed in her treatment yet - I'm still trying to recover myself and yesterday was the first time I was able to visit NICU. Last night they said she was on an oscillator that was making her take many short breaths to help her lungs grow better. The head dr of NICO told me she's got much better odds being a girl. And she's my kid - of course she's ornery. :P

• imagejenifairies:
    imageDeblondie1:

imagejenifairies:

She is on a ventilator. Honestly, I'm not too versed in her treatment yet - I'm still trying to recover myself and yesterday was the first time I was able to visit NICU. Last night they said she was on an oscillator that was making her take many short breaths to help her lungs grow better. The head dr of NICO told me she's got much better odds being a girl. And she's my kid - of course she's ornery. :P

That's great! My DD had a reputation in the NICU for being feisty and ornery LOL And she still is :) If you have any questions regarding her care or your own care, please ask away on the Preemie board. The ladies are a great group! And take care of yourself too.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"