Pregnant after a Loss

Please Stop Commenting on my Size! (Vent)

Why do people feel the need to comment on your size.  You wouldn't go up to a stranger who's not pg and tell them how small/large they are.  Everyone feels the need to say how small I look - I know you think that's a compliment but to a pg lady who's worried its not. Even my doctor today said how I'm carrying small (thankfully she followed it up with -  "but everything looks healthy just like your last pg where you were always measuring small"). 

I just wish people would just say something like "you look great" or something else that doesn't cause worry.  Thanks for listening to my vent - DH doesn't understand. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

Re: Please Stop Commenting on my Size! (Vent)

• Wow, I actually got on here to post a vent about this as well!!!! Can I add mine, we can make a vent post.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hate this too.  Especially because half of the time I get comments that I don't look like I am as far along as I am and the other half I get comments that I look huge.  What is it about being around a pregnant woman that makes people lose their filters?
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • I hear you! I am on the other side of this though..if one more person asks are you sure there is one in there or like the lady in the elevator last week, oh you are 9 mhts! I said no just 6....I seriously look nothing like I did at 9 mhts with my dd, but whatever...

People amaze me....

Taylor Annalee 12/1/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Sean Thomas 1/26/2012 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Angel Baby missed m/c 2/17/11, D&E 2/18/11
  • I agree, the only thing people should tell you when you're pregnant is how fantastic you look. 

I think every single woman on here is either told all the time how small she looks or how big she looks. I'm constantly getting told that I must have my due date wrong, that there's no way I could be as far along as I think. As hard as it is, try to focus on the fact that your OB says everything looks fine. 

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am really sorry that you are going through this too.  I know it is making me super self conscious and I hate that you are feeling that too.  If people could just keep their mouths shut it would make life so so much simpler I totally agree. 

Sorry people can't just smile and tell you how beautiful you are, I know that is all I want to hear. 

• Mine is completely backwards though. 

I get it I am bigger than I was when I was pregnant with Kamryn.  How bout you just tell me that you noticed that when I got pregnant with Gabriel I was 30 lbs heavier already than I was when I got pregnant with her.

But you know what I am 5 and a half years older now, I have been through hell since then and I am sorry I gained weight then got pregnant. 

I am so so so tired of the, wow that is going to be a big baby in there.  Are you sure you aren't due till January?  Wow you look ready to pop.  You know your hips didn't get bigger the last time this time they are wide.  You can totally tell from the back this time that you are pregnant.  Are you sure you don't just want to go get some bigger clothing from lane bryant instead of buying maternity, seeing as you can't wear the maternity after and you can still wear this....

I mean really???? I don't feel like I am that huge when I look at myself but when I have to tell people my due date I get embarrassed and I was so excited to look PG and now I just feel ashamed.

I hate that people make us feel this way.  It makes me want to scream.

• imagepottermommy:

Mine is completely backwards though. 

I get it I am bigger than I was when I was pregnant with Kamryn.  How bout you just tell me that you noticed that when I got pregnant with Gabriel I was 30 lbs heavier already than I was when I got pregnant with her.

But you know what I am 5 and a half years older now, I have been through hell since then and I am sorry I gained weight then got pregnant. 

I am so so so tired of the, wow that is going to be a big baby in there.  Are you sure you aren't due till January?  Wow you look ready to pop.  You know your hips didn't get bigger the last time this time they are wide.  You can totally tell from the back this time that you are pregnant.  Are you sure you don't just want to go get some bigger clothing from lane bryant instead of buying maternity, seeing as you can't wear the maternity after and you can still wear this....

I mean really???? I don't feel like I am that huge when I look at myself but when I have to tell people my due date I get embarrassed and I was so excited to look PG and now I just feel ashamed.

I hate that people make us feel this way.  It makes me want to scream.

<Hugs> It really seems like being around pg women means that people forget to use their filter.  I keep promising myself that I will never say things like this to other pg women.  

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

• I get the opposite of this, "OMG you are HUGE!" "Are you sure it's not twins?" etc but it is just as frustrating. I've even had people follow it up with comments like "Isn't it great how pregnancy is the one time you don't mind people telling you your huge?" Um yeah maybe you didn't but I wouldn't want to hear that pre-preg and I still don't want to hear it now, especially since I have gained more weight than I "should" have. I guess people think that since it is caused by the baby and not you that you wont mind but sorry it is still my body and I don't ever like me and huge being used in the same sentence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"