Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

making a mobile...

If you made your own mobile for your baby's nursery, what did you use? I was thinking of maybe making one for my son, but i'm probably the least creative person I know. I saw some that looked like it had fishing wire with paper decorations on it?! But I wasn't sure what to use as the base part that the fishing wire hangs from. And also i'm doing a jungle theme and don't know what to hang from the wire. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: making a mobile...

• Options

Ugh...I still have it in my mind to make a mobile as time is quickly ticking away!!!

I'm not extremely creative either. We're having a farm animal themed nursery and I've found Christmas ornaments (that aren't in any way Christmasy) that I plan to use. I'm using clear fishing line. For the base I'm using two emboardry rings (of different sizes) found at craft stores.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I wasn't going to do a mobile but once DS started staring at things, I decided to make something easy and cheap. I used double sided scrap book paper, punched large circles and threaded them with thin orange ribbon. I tied it to a hoop.  He loved it so I guess it served it's purpose. I don't have a great picture of it, but you can get the idea from these.

eta to correct picture

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I made mine out of paper flowers, fishing line, an embroidery hoop, and ribbon (sorry no pics right now). 

You can always just tie and hang lots of ribbon strips from a hoop. Simple, easy, and totally customizable with colors.

Another style of mobile I've seen is the one with several sticks that have things hanging from fishing line. It would probably require some precision work with balancing the hanging items, but it makes for a nice modern look. 

• Options

I used this wire mobile with alligator clips from amazon.com and folded paper cranes of different colors and sizes to clip on. It was a nice cathartic, mindless act to do while I was laboring at home lol. I like that I can easily change out what's attached the the mobile at any time as DS grows and his/my tastes change. I just attached it to the celiing with fishing line.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"