Health & Exercise
Options

working out after delivery qns...

how soon after delivering will i be able to get back to working out?.. when are we allowed something like 20 min brisk walks for example ? i dont want to become too sedentary while waiting for time to pass, besides there is all that baby weight than will need to come off... thanks!
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: working out after delivery qns...

• Options
    I started walking the next day. Walking 5km by 3 days. Spin class 1 week later and running 2 weeks later
  • Options
    It is all very dependent on each individual. I had pretty easy recovery even with second and third degree tearing. I was out walking the next day, and up to several miles within a few days. I think I started running around 5 weeks pp. I tried earlier but my bleeding increased so I cut back again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Starting going on 3 mile walks four days after the baby was born.  Today the baby is 3 weeks old and when DH wakes up I'm going for my first run.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The day after I delivered.
  • Options
    A lot depends on what you were doing before you delivered, how your delivery goes, and what your OB/MW recommends. I ran throughout my pregnancy including the night that my water broke with DD so exercise was already part of my routine. I had an amazing labor and delivery with DD so I didn't have any real physical limitations. I delivered DD on Thursday, was out walking in the neighborhood on Saturday after I was discharged, walking at the gym on Monday, and starting running 3-5 miles a day at 3 weeks. Talk to your doctor and listen to your body...if you are sore, bleeding increases slow it down!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You can walk from the day you give birth. I did a Pilates DVD at 11 days post partum and was back at the gym 12 days pp. I had a vaginal delivery and had worked out until 39 wks 2 days. I gained total of 29 lbs and have lost 25 of them so far at 4 weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    With both girls, I walked again right after returning from the hospital (day after giving birth), brisk walks of several miles. I started running one week after giving birth. I ran throughout each pregnancy until I delivered.
  • Options
    With DD I ran up until delivery, and started gentle run/walk two weeks afterwards. Not sure whether I could have done it sooner, but didn't want to push it...
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I started going for walks pushing the stroller my second day back home.  2 weeks in after a relatively strenuous speed walk with hills pushing the stroller, I had some bad cramping and heavier bleeding so I took a day off and a step back in the intensity and all was well after that.  Squats were the only thing that felt really uncomfortable & I avoided until the stitches healed.  Just listen to your body, and remember that the bulk of the baby weight will disappear within several days on its own once the baby & extra fluids are out of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"