2nd Trimester
Options

Girl Name Help Please!!

I absolutely love the name Sabrina, but my husband is saying no.  He is stuck on the name Zoe, I like it okay for a kids name but I just don't know if that will work as a good professional woman name. 

Right now we also like Madelyn, Emma, Chloe, and Camille.  However, none of them sound as good as Sabrina to me, so I think I need to find another name...  I need ideas please!! Thanks in advance for your help!!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girl Name Help Please!!

• Options
    Have you checked the baby Names board?
    Proud Mama of Sisters! 02.07.10 & 04.19.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I chose Avery Ann and Charlotte Lynn. I also love Harper Elizabeth. HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friend's just named their baby Zoe and I'm not a fan of it either.  Their reasoning was their son's name is Eli so they wanted to stay with a three letter name for their girl...I personally don't get that idea but whatever.
  • Options
    This is just a suggestion. A couple of girl's names that I suggested to my husband, he didn't like at first. I've mentioned them a few other times and let them sink in and he's starting to like them more and more. Maybe he just has to get used to the name. It's worth a try!
  • Options
    Can there be a compromise like having Zoe as a middle name? I personally don't think Zoe sounds unprofessional but I am a bit of the unconventional type and prefer stand out names to traditional . Zoe sounds like a fashion executive, marketing guru, VP of advertising , director of an art gallery, heck even an entertainment lawyer. I like Sabrina too but think of Sabrina the Good Witch :P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At least your DH is supplying alternates to the name he doesn't like!  I love the name Charles for a boy and my DH doesn't, but he also won't come up with any alternatives!  Super annoying.  Is there anyway you could use one of those as the middle names?  Sabrina Zoe or Zoe Sabrina?  Might be worth a shot!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options

imagedeanna.w1984:
    This is just a suggestion. A couple of girl's names that I suggested to my husband, he didn't like at first. I've mentioned them a few other times and let them sink in and he's starting to like them more and more. Maybe he just has to get used to the name. It's worth a try!

I agree with this.  Don't push him, but just keep mentioning here and there.  You never know:)

Personally, I love Sabrina much better than any of your other choices:) 

m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I will preface by saying my husband is very laid back so I win a high percentage of debates.  Also, we haven't delved too deep into names yet because we don't know the sex but we are definitely having a hard time between the 2 names we both want IF it's a girl.  Either way, we each get a name; it's a question of which is the first and which is the middle.

I kept my name for professional (and admittedly lazy) reasons when we were married and we had a mild debate on the last name situation.  I agreed relatively easily to the child bearing his last name rather than mine.  My final decree was "if you get the last name, I should get the first".  I think I'm going to win this one Stick out tongue

• Options
    I like Emma the best out of all your choices. Sabrina is fine too, I think of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but you can find things about every name :)
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• Options
    Zoe Camille sounds like a beautiful name. It just hit me to put them together. Zoe sounds more professional than Sabrina to me. I think of the teenage witch when i hear that name. It is a beautiful name, but I tend to think Zoe sounds nicer. Camille sounds like a very strong name and can be shortened to Cam while she's growing up. Also if you chose a name like Zoe Camille, she could choose to use Camille if she'll be in a more strict professional setting like law or medicine. You still have time left to make a decision, and who know's when she's born you may decide to change your minds. :) Good luck. I'm sorry i wasn't a huge help. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"