Special Needs

iPad apps

I just got an iPad and have a 2 year old son with autism.  Can you share your favorite apps with me. There are so many out there it's a little overwhelming.
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: iPad apps

• I work with individuals with Autism and some of my clients like Talking Tom, Balloon animals. and Cut the rope. They like these games and ask to play them ( the ones that talk) every time they can. Talking Tom repeats what ever sound they make in a higher tone. It's great for pitch recognition. Ballon animals might only be available for the iphone but it's great because it supports respiratory function as they have to blow into the microphone then shake the phone. And cut the rope is a little more advanced but it's great to work on eye hand coordination as well as fine motor skills. Hope this is helpful. =)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagechickeyboom:
    I work with individuals with Autism and some of my clients like Talking Tom, Balloon animals. and Cut the rope. They like these games and ask to play them ( the ones that talk) every time they can. Talking Tom repeats what ever sound they make in a higher tone. It's great for pitch recognition. Ballon animals might only be available for the iphone but it's great because it supports respiratory function as they have to blow into the microphone then shake the phone. And cut the rope is a little more advanced but it's great to work on eye hand coordination as well as fine motor skills. Hope this is helpful. =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My son is 3 and these are some of his favorite apps:

1. Zoola - its an animal sounds one that is easy for them to use by themselves - with a lot of the other ones we have I have to help him along.
    2. icommunicate - We use it to practice speech. I make a lot of storyboards of b, n, p words and so on and try to get 2 syllable simple words.
    3. All of the kindergarten.com flashcards - great pictures and words - plays music after you go through a few - Isaac is a big flashcard kid though.
    4. Verbs with Milo - He even likes the tada that most find annoying :)
    5. ToyStory free book - We have so many good free books! I hate to even pay for a book on here because there are so many good free ones like this one.
    6. The Wheels on the Bus by Duck Duck Moose
    7. The Little Engine that Could by Once upon an app
    8. Signing Time and Smart Hands Lite (he can get the videos to play for Smart Hands really easily so he can play with it himself for awhile)
    9. Grover's The Monster at the End of this Book & Elmo's Monster Maker
    10. Fisherprice's Bigfoot
    11. The Singamajigs
    12. Talking Rex
    13. Going places (It models them going to different places like the mall & how to appropriately act) - We also have itouchilearn morning routines - but I have to help him with it.
    14. iSteelPan - He likes this drum, but he also likes the free guitar app and the free piano app.
    15. Kidzongs - He plays these over and over!
    16. AutismXpress - its has all these different emotions on it - Its easy for him to maneuver.
    17. Adam's Game
    18. He loves sing-a-long games: We have a bunch by Tiger Stripes (you can just look them up in the app store and all of the ones will come up) - Mary's Lamb, In the Meadow, Working on the Railroad, Jack & Jill and If you're Happy and you know it.  Jelly Beans tunes is a great one thats a little more advanced - but I do it for him and he still loves it. 
    19. Dance Star Mickey
    20. My Monster Voice
    21. See.Touch.Learn
    22. The Cookie machine
    23. Chugginton Roundhouse Romp
    24. Word Slapps - great that you can set the level of difficulty
    25. And of Course BARNEY! It has 3 different games on it - its definitely been worth the 2.99 or whatever we paid for it.
      26.  Match it up

There are sooooo many great ones out there.  Momswithapps.com has free app fridays and all kinds of nice guides to new apps out there.  And babieswithipads is a great blog as well.   I am a little obsessed if you can't tell.   :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • oooh - butting in on your post - want to save this list for later! Thanks!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"