Austin Babies

Gift idea (m_and_m??)

This will be V's last full week os school before we move to Mass. I'd like to get her school a gift. Around $50. I don't really want to do individual teacher gifts because she's been with different teachers. Got any ideas? They don't do a lot of the traditional stuff...use a lot of natural products, home-cook their meals, have farm animals on-site, mostly wooden toys... TIA!!

ETA: I was thinking of doing a gift that would be something FOR the school (I totally didn't explain that very well).  There are only a handful of teachers and the two main ones are also the owners. Thank you!!

Photo by Melissa Glynn
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Gift idea (m_and_m??)

• Maybe a gift basket from Central Market? You could do assorted jams and jellies, the random baskets or a bunch of different natural soaps in a basket. 

• imageFireChiefsBride:

Maybe a gift basket from Central Market? You could do assorted jams and jellies, the random baskets or a bunch of different natural soaps in a basket. 

I agree with some sort of gift basket.  That way, they could pick and choose what each person would like and they each get something small.  Another idea might be a cookie bouquet.  Who doesn't like cookies?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • What about books? Even if you pick out ones that they already have, books get worn out and torn up quickly when lots of little hands are turning those pages.

It would be easy to spend $50 on books, and I'm sure the teachers would love some fresh new ones for their classrooms.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do they have a ?teachers only? or grown ups bathroom? You could get hand soap and nice fluffy white hand towels? I?m thinking they don?t use disposable ones. At daycare, a home sized hand soap lasted maybe a week! So maybe 2 bottles each for Autumn and something more wintery.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I sent a message to a friend that works there and asked if they had any kind of wish list for the school. I'll let you know what she says. :-)

Unless something changed since the last work day, I don't think they have a  good basic toolkit. You know, like the small all in one kind with a hammer, screwdriver, pliers, wrench, razor blade, etc. I always hated working in a place that didn't have something like this for the little things that would inevitably come up. I don't want to dig through a drawer or big toolbox for a dang screwdriver!

I know the kids LOVE to feed acorns to Phinneas Porkchop, but I imagine the grounds are pretty bare of them now. How many pounds of acorns could your get for $50??!? 

imagePrincessBrideSarah:

What about books? Even if you pick out ones that they already have, books get worn out and torn up quickly when lots of little hands are turning those pages.

It would be easy to spend $50 on books, and I'm sure the teachers would love some fresh new ones for their classrooms. 

AFAIK, they don't buy books. They check them out from the public library.  They might have a few that belong to the school, though.  

imageTaytee:
    Do they have a ?teachers only? or grown ups bathroom? You could get hand soap and nice fluffy white hand towels? I?m thinking they don?t use disposable ones. At daycare, a home sized hand soap lasted maybe a week! So maybe 2 bottles each for Autumn and something more wintery.

Nope, no adults only bathroom. There is one bathroom with a door, but it's also a classroom bathroom. I'm pretty sure the only disposable items in the entire place are actually the hand towels (the older kids actually hand wash and hang their lunch/snack napkins out to dry!). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"