LGBT Parenting

Operation Oh Sh!t the Wife is Coming Home Has Compenced

K is officially back on U.S. soil.  She has a few stops to make but is hoping to be home by Wednesday.  While I am thrilled that after 15 months we will all be living under the same roof again I'm a tad stressed about having the house in order.

Now before you say "TT, she is going to be so happy to see you and DD she won't care what the house is like" let me tell you about K.  She will mean no ill will in what she says but I can guarantee that within 24 hours of being home she will say something as simple as "Why did you move the food for this shelf and put LO's cups there?" and I will flip the out on her.  lol!  I've told her no questions or critic for the first 24 hours or it's automatic grounds for divorce. Stick out tongue

So today I have:

• vacuumed the upstairs (mind you I vacuumed yesterday as well, but I just bought a new vacuum and I'm a bit obessed)
  • organized the baby items in the garage
  • done all the laundry in the house
  • folded and put away all the laundry (major feat for me)
  • regrouted some cracked grout in the bathroom
  • recaulked some caulk in the bathroom
  • scrubbed three bathrooms
  • washed the shower liners
  • shoveled the snow/ice
  • carved a pumpkin ;-)
  • help DD paint a welcome home sign
  • cleaned out and washed the fridge
  • scrubed the kitchen counters
  • bleached the sink
  • taken out all the recycling
  • bleached/rinsed the recycling bins
  • put away the hundreds of CDs DD had long ago tossed in a basket
  • organized the coat closet
  • Went through my closet and found a bag worth of stuff to take to the Goodwill
  • paired up all the missing socks (hey little things count!)
  • cleaned the fish tank
  • moved 1/2 my stuff out of the master bath
  • washed and changed the bed linens
  • Oh and shredded two big boxes of junk mail/paperwork
  • And yesterday I cleaned the entire basement including moving and organizing boxes of K's shi!t

Ok now I realize you didn't need the entire list  and I also realize I'm a bit obsessive.  But really it just comes down to be not wanting us to have to spend much time thinking about the house for the first few weeks K is back.  I still have a million more things on my to do list but LO has a cold and has been super clingy so we'll see how much more I can check off. 

And now it's time to see if I can get DD to bed early so that I can finish up a few more projects. Then I must get all the trashy reality tv off the DVR prior to K's return Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Operation Oh Sh!t the Wife is Coming Home Has Compenced

• How on earth did you manage all of that in one day??!  I'm impressed.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Teach me, master! I second what ball.and.chain said: I'm impressed too!

I know reintegrating after some time can have its challenges, but you'll do beautifully. Heck, anyone who can do that much in a day can do anything! Smile 

• Loading the player...
  • Wow!  I'm impressed.  I think that might be more than we've gotten done in months.  K better be impressed too!  

Good luck, you must be so excited.  It feels like so recent that she was leaving, but I'm sure it has felt liike an eternity for your family. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • wow. hope your transition goes smoothly. Big Smile
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Holy Crow!!!  Breathe and enjoy the homecoming.  I thought I had a productive day and now I am feeling very inadequate :-)
    We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Are people allowed to say "damn" on the board? If so, DAMN woman...you rock!

Tell her not to give you a hard time or she has a whole board to answer to...LOL!

I am sure all will go well.

Good Luck and I hope the reunion goes well!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• You are a superwoman!  I am sure K will be so proud of how well you managed everything on your own.  I hope it will  be a wonderful reunion. 
  • I can't believe it's been 15 months and that you got that much accomplished!
    I hope everything goes smoothly!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Its really been that long!?? wow!

And good grief woman, did you sleep? You're a machine! 

• imagenevr2amazin:

Tell her not to give you a hard time or she has a whole board to answer to...LOL!

this!!

wishing K a happy homecoming and a smooth transition for all of you.

• I am a bit jealous. I LOVE to clean and that is some impressive list.  I agree...whole board to answer to.  Best of luck with the transition and happy happy for you all to be together again.
  • Jen doesn't complain or criticize, but she does re-clean everything I cleaned while she was gone. Stick out tongue She genuinely appreciates the effort, which is why I continue to do it, but it still drives me crazy!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks for entertaining my neurosis. ;-)

I still have a lot I want to (need to?) do but we'll see what all I can finish and then I'll just have to be happy with the rest.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Holy sh!t Two, that's a serious list of accomplishments and with a clingy babe too? And I'm with the others...she has a whole big group of us to answer to if she says a peep about anything! Serious props to you for making it through these 15 months, I hope her homecoming is everything you want and more. 
  • Wow!  Let me tell you, I am just like K in the cleaning/commenting/criticizing realm.  She'll be very impressed, even if she can't manage to reel in her comments.  I kick myself when I do that to C because I really do appreciate everything she does so much.
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • imageTwo*True:

I've told her no questions or critic for the first 24 hours or it's automatic grounds for divorce. Stick out tongue

Love this.

Welcome home, K!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageball.and.chain:
    How on earth did you manage all of that in one day??!  I'm impressed.

This Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"