Cloth Diapering

Wipes vs. Washcloths

I have received a lot of baby washcloths as gifts, and because I have plenty of normal washcloths (in our "adult stash") that can be used for bath time, I'm wondering if there's any reason I can't use these baby washcloths as wipes.  Is there anything about the texture or fiber content that would not work well for wiping?  And similarly, is there anything about normal adult washcloths that make them less than ideal for bathing infants?
BabyFetus Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Wipes vs. Washcloths

• I use the cheap SpaSilk brand washcloths as wipes. I use my peri bottle from the hospital to squirt them with water and if it is a really messy BM I use some Mustela No-rinse Wash. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • excellent - thanks!
    BabyFetus Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I also use the uber-cheap Spasilk washcloths as wipes. I spent lots of time researching and making wipes before DS was born out of flannel and terry cloth. Those are very nice but they make better washcloths for us. We use the cheapy Spasilk washcloths as wipes and ended up ordering more specifically for that purpose.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like using thinner washcloths in the bath with LO. All of our adult washcloths are really thick and can't get into baby crevices.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use Ikea washclothes as wipes and natural sponge for DD's baths, we find thry get into her neck folds better :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"