Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Worst day of my life...

Hello everyone,

Just left the first trimester board... after 10 weeks, no more bump for me. I started spotting yesterday morning while at work. I talked to my Dr's office and they sent me for an ultrasound as a precautionary measure. They tried a regular ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound and all they could see was the gestational sac. There was no fetal pole or heartbeat. They sent me to the walk-in clinic and the Dr. there confirmed that it didn't look like it was a viable pregnancy. She said that my cervix was still closed but there was a lot of blood. She referred me to the o/c OBGYN. He said it wasn't viable and was basically an impartial miscarriage. So, nine hours later I finally get to go home knowing that this is the end. I have to go have a D&C procedure this afternoon to remove the "contents." I feel so sad and traumatized. It's 5am and I can't sleep. I'm just waiting to have this procedure done at the hospital today :(  How did you all get past this? I never thought I would feel so awful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Worst day of my life...

• My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope that you have lots of love and support.

I found out that my baby died at 14 weeks and carried it another 4 days to my DE.

This board has been a great source of support.  Take time for yourself , and take time to grieve.

Try to think...evenas hard as it is ... about the good things in your life.  Even think of the small things ... Like supportive family and loved ones!

For me , in addition to focusing on my daughter and Sdaughter.  I have focused on loosing the weight I gained and  being healthy for the next pregnancy.  In addition being a mom and cleaning my house ( especially after an exhausting 2 1/2 months first trimester .. bad cold and then MC). 

God bless you!

• Sending hugs, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.

I found out a little over two weeks ago that our little bug's heart had quit beating.....nothing was more devastating then seeing our baby on the u/s and knowing there was nothing we could do. I went for a D&C the next day.

It is a devastating road to travel, but please know that you are not alone. The old cliche of "taking it one day at a time" is, unfortunately the only option as there is no way to speed up the healing....but know that we are here for you. This board has been a great source of support for me and I hope you find the same.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so very sorry for your loss. There is nothing more sad or horrific. I was one of these people who NEVER imagined this would happen to me. I feel extremely naive now. I only knew I was pregnant for a week when the spotting bc and everything went down hill from there. So awful.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this really awful time. This board has been a tremendous source of support -- I hope you find some comfort here as well.

It does become less raw (so I hear) -- hang in there.

• So so sorry for your loss.  I wish I could tell you what to do to make you feel all better, but I don't have the answers.  I lost my little one last week, I was devastated.  I will tell you each day it gets a little better.  Some days are better than others.  The first few days are the hardest.  Lean on your family and friends.  Know that you will feel better again.  We are all here to help and support you.  ***Hugs***
  • I am so very sorry for your loss.

Please feel free to post here and TTCAL as much as you need because both boards are very supportive. All of these girls understand what you are going through and will listen anytime you need to talk or vent.

Really, the only thing that will help you get through this is support from family/friends and time. I will say that for me, the first week was the worst. I cried multiple times a day...it was hard. But it is now 4 weeks post m/c and I will say that it has gotten better with time. It's still pretty recent, and I do still have bad days. But I have had days where I've been ok and haven't even cried. You will get through this...just stay strong and try to think positive towards the future. :)

imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry you have to go through this. There is nothing worse than going about your pregnancy thinking everything is fine when it's really not. I had a d&c about a week ago, as much as it really sucked (for lack of better word) it helped me to be able to move forward. T&P for you.
    photo 35d244fc-d783-4f72-9f87-95af3ae7a0be.jpgLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how heartbreaking it is to have something you loved and dreamed about be ripped away from you.  A lot of us have had trouble sleeping unfortunately. :(  I hope this board helps you as it has helped me.  My t&p are with you.
  • DS siggy warning 

:::HUGS::: I'm so sorry for your loss!!

I've had 4 losses and I'm not going to sugar coat this. My first loss was probably the worst! Its so hard to find happiness again. Its so hard to find a support system outside of our community here! At least it was for me.

I sincerely hope that it won't be this way for you and that you will find all the comfort and love that you need here and on TTCAL when you are ready!!!

~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL
  • Thank you everyone for the kind words and support.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"