Cloth Diapering

Cloth Diapering with Newborn?

We are expecting our first baby girl and plan to try cd-ing. I am going to use AIO's, starting with some GroVias, some gDiapers, & some Flips with cloth inserts most of the time (disposable inserts when cloth are not ideal), then figuring out what works best for us & baby.

I have heard that these will often not fit NBs though, so what do you do for NB and when can you usually start using the AIOs? Does anyone have any experience with the NB version of the gDiapers? Thank you for your help!

Re: Cloth Diapering with Newborn?

• Sorry I said AIO's, but meant Hybrids... :-)
  • You can look into sized (XS or S) diapers for newborns. But a majority of people use prefolds or fitteds (and sometimes XS pockets) for newborns. I used a combination of all 3 with DD. OS diapers typically don't fit until 10-12 lb, which can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

Have you considered a diaper trial?

• Loading the player...
  • We used GMD cloth-eez orange edge NB prefolds with xs thirsties covers & thirsties duo wraps size 1. We moved up to the yellow edge size small prefolds recently. Our newborn fitteds still fit as well. We have some NB muttaqins and NB bububebe's.
    Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemonona9:
    We used GMD cloth-eez orange edge NB prefolds with xs thirsties covers & thirsties duo wraps size 1. We moved up to the yellow edge size small prefolds recently. Our newborn fitteds still fit as well. We have some NB muttaqins and NB bububebe's.

This is what we will be using for baby #2.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a die-hard pockets person, but we've used Kissaluvs Size 0 (KL0s) for all of our brief newborn periods. We're in pockets by 10 lbs. You can rent KL0s, which initially I regretted not doing but then life happened and we've gotten our money out of ours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also, used gdiapers and didn't love them. Use exclusively flip now for travel. Having too many different "options" seems to really confuse the DH's and other family members. But I'm all for scoping out new options. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemonona9:
    We used GMD cloth-eez orange edge NB prefolds with xs thirsties covers & thirsties duo wraps size 1. We moved up to the yellow edge size small prefolds recently. Our newborn fitteds still fit as well. We have some NB muttaqins and NB bububebe's.

These were my favourites of all our NB diapers.  I also loved our GMD Workhorse fitteds (and I have 8 for sale if you're interested for a steal; just PM me).  You can usually get Thirsties XS covers cheap from thirstiesoutlet.com.

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"