Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarriage at 6 weeks

Got back from the ER last night - was told I had a miscarriage due to chemical pregnancy.  There was *nothing* on the ultrasound - not an embryo, no clump of cells, nothing.  What makes it so hard is I had just told my 2 sisters-in-law, who are both pregnant at 34 weeks and 20 weeks, that we would be a trio.

People have already told me it's not my fault and there was nothing we could've done but it still hurts and I can't stop crying. 

IAmPregnant Ticker image BFP #1 - 10/16/11 - m/c 10/30/11 @ 6 weeks BFP #2 - 04/01/12 - "please be our sticky baby!"

Re: Miscarriage at 6 weeks

• I'm very sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts ((hugs))
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
    IVF Round 1:
    3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  Take care of yourself during this difficult time, and if you just can't bear to be around your SILs, that's okay and totally normal.  (((Hugs)))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Take comfort that I'm going through something like this, too, right now. I had a blighted ovum -- so the egg fertilized, and implanted, but nothing grew inside it. So, now I sit and wait while my body gets to work doing its job. It's been 3 weeks of a rollercoaster of emotions: positive pregnancy test (OMG), a week of thinking "what the heck! holy cow! what are we doing?! haha" and then the ultrasound showed a sac with nothing in it. I went back today (a week after the first ultrasound) to confirm that nothing's growing, and indeed my body is in the process of pushing everything out. Take some time for yourself -- that's what I'm doing. I've given myself a few days to do nothing and to eat Halloween candy. I'm already in my pajamas ready for some bad TV. Even though we weren't TTC at all, I am feeling let down and am much more emotional than I thought I'd be.  So I'm giving myself permission to unplug for a while.

You have every right to be sad now, and you're allowed to be. Take some time to do what you want to do - and to deal with this process however you feel is best. My thoughts are with you and others on this board going through this same thing right now.

• I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

My thoughts and prayers are with you while you walk this awful road. I hope you find comfort and support here, as I know the women here have been a huge source of support to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So sorry that you are going through this.  It absolutely is not your fault...please don't blame yourself.  Hopefully you can find comfort and support on this board. T&P to you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  It is so hard at first but it does get better.  **Hugs**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"