TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

To clomid or not to clomid?

Alright ladies, it's cd1 here  Crying  and now time to make some serious decisons.

My original plan (based off my 50-70day cycles) was to wait until cd35, do some blood work to confirm/rule out O, and start provera to end the cycle.
u/s & bloodwork cd3
Clomid challenge - 100mg cd5, 6, 7, 8, 9
cd10 bloodwork
cd11 saline sonogram & u/s to check follies
trigger shot after that if things look good

Well - lo and behold, I ACTUALLY OVULATED EARLY!  It was a very "normal" 30 day cycle for me.  I o'ed on cd 18, which was my normal before m/c, and the first time I've ovulated that early since my loss (dec). 

Sooo...  my question is what to do this cycle.  I was planning to do testing and clomid together at the same time b/c I can't handle another 70day cycle.  But, based on last cycle, there might be hope afterall.  I'm a little concerned about limit of times we can do clomid.  I have my u/s tomorrow so I have to decide by then!

[poll]

PGAL/PAL welcome
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
My Ovulation Chart
3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi

Re: To clomid or not to clomid?

• Options

Feel free to add reasons why too.  I could use all the help I can get!

And if you made it this far - have some cookies on me!

PGAL/PAL welcome

My Ovulation Chart
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options
    I would wait another cycle to start clomid and get all your testing done this cycle. If this cycle seems like it will run long I would ask your dr to start provera so you can get started on a clomid cycle.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebutterfly843:
    I would wait another cycle to start clomid and get all your testing done this cycle. If this cycle seems like it will run long I would ask your dr to start provera so you can get started on a clomid cycle.

This is what I would do also.

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!

PGAL/PAL welcome

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

I voted to 'wait and finish testing.'  As difficult as it is to be patient, this is the time to do it!  I'm not sure what testing you have left, but the results of that testing could end up changing your plan.  

Whatever you decide, do what feels right.  Good luck and update us! 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options

imagebutterfly843:

This! 

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options

I'd do it. Reasons:

-One good cycle does not a fixed ute make.

-It's cheap and easy

-if it fails, then you've laid the groundwork for better drugs when you start doing iui, and you don't waste an iui on clomid (instead you get the good drugs).

-If you don't do it, then you have to do this cycle of testing, then another cycle of clomid before you can move into the good stuff. Might as well get both the "speed bumps" (testing and clomid challenge) out of the way. Clomid, imho, is just one more box you have to check on the way to TTC. I don't have much faith in clomid. The best I ever got out of it was a c/p. 

GL!!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    imagedamabo80:

I'd do it. Reasons:

-One good cycle does not a fixed ute make.

-It's cheap and easy

-if it fails, then you've laid the groundwork for better drugs when you start doing iui, and you don't waste an iui on clomid (instead you get the good drugs).

-If you don't do it, then you have to do this cycle of testing, then another cycle of clomid before you can move into the good stuff. Might as well get both the "speed bumps" (testing and clomid challenge) out of the way. Clomid, imho, is just one more box you have to check on the way to TTC. I don't have much faith in clomid. The best I ever got out of it was a c/p. 

GL!!

I wish one good cycle fixed everything!  LOL  It defn can screw with your mind enough to doubt things!

What do you think the better drugs are?  You always hear about clomid but not too much about other ones.  We're also planning to do a hcg trigger.

BTW, I remember you from the July board.  I was a July mamma too and followed your story a bit.  Your LO is so precious!

PGAL/PAL welcome

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    imagelavril:

I wish one good cycle fixed everything!  LOL  It defn can screw with your mind enough to doubt things!

What do you think the better drugs are?  You always hear about clomid but not too much about other ones.  We're also planning to do a hcg trigger.

BTW, I remember you from the July board.  I was a July mamma too and followed your story a bit.  Your LO is so precious!

awww, thanks! I remember you too! (I hope it's ok that I'm replying to your posts)

Yep, I totally get the mind fvck thing. Whenever I had a halfway decent O time I had the same thoughts...."Huh- maybe I'm not IF anymore! Cancel the insurance, we've joined the fertile club!" I

Follistim/gonal-f are the better drugs. (I'm not a cheap date, so I need follistim+repronex to apparently wake my lazy ovaries up.)

Those tend to be the power hitters, but most REs want you to try clomid/femara before jumping into the good stuff. For some people it works, which is awesome, but for others it's just one more test that they have to go through.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I appreciate the info. Its great that you posted - don't worry about that at all!

PGAL/PAL welcome

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"