October 2011 Moms

Callie Michelle's Birth Story

Hey girls!  We are home from the hospital and trying to survive although night 1 wasn't easy!!  Here is Callie's birth story, it's a long story though!

Tuesday night I was scheduled to be induced.  We didn't get to go in until 11pm because the hospital didn't have a room until then.  Around midnight they put the cervadil in.  I was so not a fan of my nurse that night.  I had been examined twice by my drs office and while both uncomfortable, they were tolerable.  This chick on the other hand, shoved her hand up in me so hard that I came up off the bed.  I wanted to strangle her. 

Anyway, Wed morning around 7am they started the pitocin.  Around 8:30 I decided it was time for the epi.  They were very quick about getting the anesthesiologist in there.  Getting the epi was quite painful but it kicked in quickly and I was doing good.  About 10:30 though I was really feeling the contractions on my left side right where my leg meets my torso.  They tried putting more meds in from the little machine they had but that didn't help.  Then they had the anesthesiologist come back and put more meds right into the epi and that still did nothing.   So they decided the needed to re-do the epi, lucky me.  During all this they turned the pitocin off until they could get the pain under control.  By about 11:30 I had my 2nd epi done and was feeling good again.  This lasted until about 2:30 when I could suddenly feel all the contractions right where my catheter was inserted and I could feel the catheter moving around.  This become uncomfortable very quickly.  Again, they tried more meds from the little machine in the room and nothing happened.  So again, the anesthesiologist came and put a syringe full of meds in the epi.  This is where everything went downhill quickly. 

It was about 3:15 when the anesthesiologist did the syringe and within 5 minutes, I was basically numb from my shoulders down except for where it had worn off right in my vaginia.  I did not have the ability to move anything below my waist, I couldn't even wiggle my toes.  I got a little panicky at this point as I felt like I couldn't breathe and I was just shocked at how much of me was tingly/numb.  The nurses started panicking a little too and called the anesthesiologist.  They told them to sit the bed up some so the meds would go down towards my legs and hopefully make me feel like I could breathe.  At about 3:40 my dr came in to see what was going on.  Since the pitocin had been turned off several times I was only about 6 cm dialated and still not 100% effaced.  While my dr was in there Callie's heartbeat dropped to well below 90.  They start rocking me a little and trying to get her heartbeat back up but that wasn't working.  They rolled me on my other side which was an adventure since I could not move anything.  Her heatbeat still wouldn't come up.

By 3:50 it was decided I was having a c-section and the whole mood changed.  About 10 people came running in the room, they were throwing surgical clothes at my H and telling him to pack up all our stuff.  They wheeled me out of there so fast I couldn't even process what was going on except that a million people told me everything would be fine, which made me more freaked out.  We get in the OR and they move me to the table.  I ask where my H is and they say he'll be in soon.  Suddenly, my H sits down next to me and I feel a little pressure on my abdomen and then here a baby crying.  My H wasn't in the room for 2 minutes before they pulled her out.  Callie was born at 4:08pm.  It was all SO surreal.  They did a little drive by so I we could see her but she had swallowed meconium and they took her off to the special care nursery. 

I was moved to recovery, which was awful.  I had HORRIBLE tremors for close to two hours because of the epi and all the drugs they had in me.  The tremors really had me freaked out.  I sent H up to the nursery to check on Callie because nobody could tell me anything about her.  Thankfully, she was doing ok.  I wasn't moved to a regular room until 8:45 that night.  Right after that the nurse finally brought Callie in so I could see her.  She's absolutely beautiful!!!  She has red hair which my red headed H SWORE wouldn't happen.  He would have bet money it.  She looks so much like him. 

This definitely wasn't how I expected things to play out.  The whole c-section thing is no joke.  Getting in and out of our bed is almost impossible b/c it's so high off the ground.  I have a lot of guilt that I'm not pulling my weight with Callie b/c it's so hard for me to move still.  I'm praying this gets better soon. 

Here are a couple pics of my little bug:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Callie Michelle's Birth Story

• Congratulations, she's beautiful. Sorry to hear your bad experience. Trust me it will get better, I felt pretty helpless after my c/s and 1 week later with my pain meds I am doing so much more.
  • Congratulations! She is beautiful. Don't feel guilty. If you don't take it easy and rest, there's more of a chance for complications. Don't overdo it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh goodness what a scary experience for you! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, but it's definitely good to hear that you and baby are ok :-)

I hope you are able to recover quickly from your c/s!

Congratulations on such an adorable little girl!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats! I love hearing/seeing another LO joining our team of redheads!
  • Congrats on your beautiful girl!  She has a great name.  I can definitely relate to your c-section story, hope you are recovering quickly.  Take all the help you can get.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Congratulations on your beautiful little girl!  I'm sorry it was such a rough ride, though.  That bottom picture is absolutely precious; I love her poofy little cheeks!

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Welcome Callie!  Your epi experience sounds really scary - I'm glad it had a happy ending.  And FWIW, I think redheaded little girls are the cutest out there!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations on your baby girl! I'm sorry you had such a scary experience, but at least you have your little girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats!  She is beautiful and I LOVE the red hair!  Glad y'all are okay, it sounds quite scary!
    BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • Aw, she is precious!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"