Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

WWYD: Help from family

So things are high stress as always....and now DH has mono AND pneumonia.  So he is absolutely zero help around the house.  He simply can't do it, I understand.  But I also don't want him primarily taking care of DD for fear that she will get sick too.  A few family members have offered to come help throughout the week and I just don't know about actually having them help.  I cannot do much without some help....yesterday all I got accomplished was washing the dishes and I re-organized DD's cart that has her diapers, wipes, bibs, etc....and that was all done while she was napping.  I didn't even get to make dinner, I just heated up leftovers.

But I'm afraid of anyone else getting sick, especaily DH's SIL who we know will be having surgery in the coming weeks due to other health issues.  She doesn't work and has offered to come help us out.

Would you accept help from people knowing that your H is contagious?  How do you manage if you have chose not to get a little help? 

If you would take the help, what should I have them do?  I don't really feel like I should have them clean up...for some reason I just feel like that's not their responsiblity...would you have them take care of DD?  Ugh.  So much to consider.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD: Help from family

• Options

Could your family members perhaps watch your LO at their house for a bit? This would give you a couple of hours to get things sorted at your house (and just decompress for a bit). If that is not a possibility, maybe they could make a couple of frozen dinners for you. That why, they would be helping but would not be exposed to your H.

This has to be tough! Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You're over thinking this. They are offering to help because they love you and they WANT to help. I'm sure they understand that your H is contagious. I know it's difficult to ask for help, but these people are offering and you need it. PP's suggestions are great, but don't hesitate to have someone come over if there is something they can help with. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Pneumonia is not contagious unless the other person is already very ill. 

Mono, or mononucleosis, is spread through direct contact with saliva. This includes sharing eating utensils, drinks, and even things like lip gloss, lipstick, or lip balm.

I think this will help.  Unless they are drinking or eating directly after DH they should be fine.  And just make sure you have hand sanitzier around and everyone washes their hands.  You should be fine to have someone help for a couple hours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"