C-sections

Loss of feeling after C-Section?

Please do not freak on me for asking this question, but I am really worried. Not to be sharing TMI, but my whole area up to my belly button is super sensitive to touch. Am I going to lose that feeling after I have my c-section? I understand that the scar line will probably not be sensitive because of the scar tissue, but what about like my pubic area or where my hips bones meet my thighs?

Re: Loss of feeling after C-Section?

• I guess I'm just confused as to what you are actually asking? Have you already had a previous c-section? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, every one is different, but.... it is common and you will likely have an area of numbness or less sensation at the incision and above it. Mine is a band the length of the incision and is about 2 inches up from the incision.

Loss of sensation is normal as the skin nerves are cut during the incision.  Most sensation comes back over time (months), but it is also normal to have a small area of numbness forever just above the scar line.

I do not think you will loose sensation up as high as you are asking.

Good luck with the c section.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • thanks for sharing. i appreciate it. I was worried i was gonna lose sensation BELOW the scar, where it counts, ya know? now im not so worried....
  • I know it is different for everyone, but I have had two c-sections and haven't lost any feeling above or below.  I don't think you have anything to worry about below the incision site, some nerves can be damaged but everyone I know has regained any feeling they lost around the incision.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Like the previous poster, I have a band about 2 inches wide that feels 'different' than the other areas.  If I have an itch there, it's kind of like if you are scratching your skin through fabric rather than just scratching your skin.

I can say I have not lost sensation where it counts - I think you'll be fine.

• I had numbness about 1-2 inches below my c/s scar and it returned eventually.  I can't remember when.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have little to no sensation in about a 2 inch diam. of my incision.  All the way up to my belly button feel very strange, and TMI,  but I was plucking the pubic hair around my incision, from what little is growing back, and it hurt really bad at a different place on my stomach.
  • No you will not lose sensation in your lady bits (or at least you shouldn't). You will have loss of sensation from your belly button to around your scar.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"