May 2011 Moms

Back to work soon

I am thinking of returning to work in January and I am having a really tough time with it.  I wish I could be a stay at home mom, but financially, I just cant do it.  I know he will be in good hands when I do return to work, so I know it's more of the fact that I will not see him for 8 hours, and miss him.  I miss him when I go just a couple of hours without seeing him.  I know I will never get this time back and I feel like I will miss something while I am at work.  I guess I am just wondering how you ladies managed to get back to the work routine.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Back to work soon

• It sucked for the first month or so but now that I see how much fun my boys have with their friends and teachers it's a lot easier. Plus, my daycare is in the building next to mine so I know I always have the option to go see them if I freak out.
    imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemullenem:

I found that thinking about returning to work was much much worse than actually returning to work.  I really like having time "off" away from her and not having her literally attached to my hip all day.  Do I miss her?  ABSOLUTELY!  There are times I think that it would be great to be a SAHM but I don't think that I could really do it.  Plus, I really appreciate the evenings and weekends now.

Oh, and one of the big keys to making it all work in the mornings is getting as much stuff as possible ready the night before!  I pack all our bags, fill my water bottles, make my lunch, pick out A's clothes, pick out my clothes and prep bottles the night before.  It makes the mornings much easier.

Ditto this. I totally stressed out about returning to work and the first day was tough, but now that we have a routine down everything is going well.

DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Loading the player...
  • imagemullenem:

I found that thinking about returning to work was much much worse than actually returning to work.  I really like having time "off" away from her and not having her literally attached to my hip all day.  Do I miss her?  ABSOLUTELY!  There are times I think that it would be great to be a SAHM but I don't think that I could really do it.  Plus, I really appreciate the evenings and weekends now.

Oh, and one of the big keys to making it all work in the mornings is getting as much stuff as possible ready the night before!  I pack all our bags, fill my water bottles, make my lunch, pick out A's clothes, pick out my clothes and prep bottles the night before.  It makes the mornings much easier.

This 1000%.  You'll get in routine and make the most of the time you do have.  I like that DD has 2 other baby girls in her "class" that were born in May. 

~~~I am MrsPLW71~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

My Birth Story
  • Thank You ladies! I am feeling alot better.  I guess I just needed to know that it does get easier once you actually go back and have some sort of a plan on how to make it work.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"