Stay at Home Moms
Options

Well. A very unexpected turn to the day

Ends up I'm the only one in my family with power so we had a full house here- 2 siblings with their s/o's and my dad...taking showers, getting warm, eating etc.

DH and I threw together quite a little party and it ended up being really fun but totally unexpected.  And I'm glad that my siblings got to spend some quality time with the girls.  

I know my dad still doesn't have power but he has a wood stove so he'll stay warm.  My sister works for a hotel so she'll probably spend the night there and my other sister is just hunkering down in her apartment w/ her boyfriend.

Hoping everyone is staying warm and has power tonight! 

Re: Well. A very unexpected turn to the day

• Options

Sound like it turned out to be a lovely evening - its nice to have a successful "party" and not have to go through the stress of planning it!

I haven't watched the news, so excuse me if this is a dumb question - are you guys having weather stuff up there or is it just a random power outage?  Are they thinking it'll come back on tonight - or at least soon? 

• Options

We have power, although a bunch of people we did yoga with this morning didn't. We're sad, though, because we lost the shade tree for our patio.  It was horrible to hear each branch crack and come down yesterday afternoon.  I hope a little bit of it will survive.

I heard on the news that 2 million people are without power.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegatogrrl:

yeaaahhhhh, so clearly it isn't just a "random power outage" ;)  Maybe I should make the effort to stay current on the goings on in my country! 

• Options
    imagesusanmosley:
    imagegatogrrl:

yeaaahhhhh, so clearly it isn't just a "random power outage" ;)  Maybe I should make the effort to stay current on the goings on in my country! 

LOL

The northeast got dumped with a ton of snow.  We ended up with about 12 inches but it was heavy snow and the other big problem is that we still have leaves on a bunch of the trees which just exacerbated the heaviness...Lots of trees down etc.

And don't feel too bad.  It was Friday night before I had heard anything about the storm! :D 

• Options
    I am glad that you still have power and were able to help your family. Sound like a fun night!
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Glad yo still have power and had a good time with your family. Hope everyone gets power back soon.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"