Eco-Friendly Family

Please rec a carseat for a huge 2YO

DD is the size of a 3 year old, and she's outgrown yet another seat (the Roundabout).  Her head is over the top.  : (

What should I get that will see us through to booster time, given that she's so dang tall?

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please rec a carseat for a huge 2YO

• We have a Britax Marathon and a Roundabout.  The Marathon is definitely much larger!  However, you might want to look at something like this https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Nautilus-Car-Seat-Matrix/dp/B0011URFRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319932410&sr=8-1.  I've heard good things about it and it will take you through several stages.  Plus, it's way cheaper than the Britax.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have a Sunshine Kids Radian 80SL. It has one of the tallest shells on the market. It can be used up to 53 inches, with a 45 pound rear facing limit and an 80 pound forward facing limit (and used with LATCH up until that point, too!). Super easy to install and uninstall.

Highly recommend it. I love how easy it is to travel with as well - it folds flat and can turn into a backpack. We bought ours from Albee Baby - free shipping, and they are on sale right now, $189 and $199 depending on the color you want. 

• Loading the player...
  • Is she forward facing?    We have a britax frontier for Olivia and I love it!    It goes to 65 inches tall.  It converts to a belt positioning high back booster, as well.   
  • Graco Nautilus! It has a 5 point harness till 65lb, then converts to a high back booster, then a backless booster!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'd go with the Radian if you're still RFing. I have peanuts but all my friends with tall kids who have one LOVE theirs.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks, ladies, I just ordered the Britax Frontier after reading all the reviews for the Graco and the Britax.  I'm relieved it'll be the last carseat I'll have to buy.

Dobie, she's front facing.  No peanut here.  I'm convinced she's going to be playing volleyball or basketball in the 2028 Olympics at this point.  Love the pic of your little princesses!  Lilith is so big!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks! Lilith is quite the toddler now. So very bitter sweet. 

Glad you were able to settle on the seat! I've heard great things about the Frontier, too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"