Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Question About Very Early Natural Miscarriage

This is my third miscarriage, but the other two were much later and required a D&C.  I am just over 5 weeks pregnant and yesterday I started spotting brown followed by a lot of bright red bleeding.  I have continued bleeding today.  I have also had cramping, but not unbearable.  How many days does it typically take for the bleeding to stop when it is this early?  My doctor didn't suggest any HCG monitoring to make sure my levels were dropping.  Is this normal?  She didn't even suggest that I see her at all and said I only needed to go to the hospital if I was in a lot of pain or soaking a pad an hour.

Sorry to ramble - not sure what to expect. 

Re: Question About Very Early Natural Miscarriage

• Options

I was a little further along than you, but not by much (6w4d). I had cramping/clots for about 5 days and am still bleeding a tiny bit (so it's been a week). My doctor is measuring my HCG levels, I go back on Thursday for blood work check.

I am sorry for your loss. :(

Hope that helps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Has your doctor even confirmed a miscarriage? The morning I started bleeding I called my doctor. It was on a Saturday and he told me not to worry too much if it's just slight bleeding and he moved my appointment up until Monday. He said if I started bleeding more and started passing clots/tissue to call back and then head to the hospital. Sure enough, it got heavier with clots so I ended up in the ER to confirm miscarriage. Even though my HCG was already pretty low (247 at 6w6d), I had to have it monitored down to 0.

It also really depends on the person on how long the bleeding lasts. I've seen it last just a few days for some and weeks for others. For me, the majority of the bleeding was on Saturday and Sunday. And then I just had very light bleeding for a couple days after that. I also barely had any cramps.

imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

First I would like to say that I am sorry for your loss.

I had a very early miscarriage at 4 weeks, 4days (I'm thinking chemical pregnancy) and when I went in for spotting (before I knew I was miscarrying) I was testing negative at the Hospital and my HCG was already at 3 so that's why I'm thinking I had a chemical pregnancy.

I started spotting on Tuesday of last week, the next day, it turned into more of a period with lots of small clots and then on Thursday, there wasn't any clots so the rest has been like a normal period. I am still bleeding my its very minimal and it looks like the end is near since it is now a bit brown.. I'm thinking I will be done in a day or two (crossing my fingers) so it would be about a week for me, I hope. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When I went in for an ultrasound to confirm my pregnancy we could see nothing except a thickening uterine lining. My doc said I was only 4, maybe 5, weeks preggo at the time. The following Monday (5 days later), I started with brown spotting then had 2 days of heavy bleeding then a few more days of light blood and spotting. My hcg levels were monitored, and they did drop. So, the m/c was confirmed and it lasted about 5 days for me. If you are having one, sounds similar to mine, then you may expect what seems like a period. However, it is all different for every women. So sorry for your loss and wish you the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"