Cloth Diapering
Options

CDing for two?

We've been using BG 3.0s & 4.0s for almost 2 years w/DS & will be welcoming Baby 2 in the Spring.   I get a little overwhelmed sometimes keeping up w/the diaper laundry now, but have no idea how this is going to work for 2 babies.  (DS will only be 25 mo. when his baby bro or sis arrives, and potty training isn't happening just yet.)

We have a stash of about 32 BGs that I wash every 2-3 days.  

Can anyone give me any tips or advice on CDing for 2?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CDing for two?

• Options
    I just do it. Sometimes I have to do laundry more often then I would like, but oh well. I also am building up my stash to have enough if I forget to switch the load or whatnot.
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

Ditto PP.  You just do it.  DS will be 2.5 when this LO comes around and we'll be doing a NB rental for a few months, then switching to our smalls.  I'm hoping DS will be PT by the time the baby moves to OS diapers so I don't have to increase my stash.  I did buy 12 prefolds and I'll be getting a few covers to have on stand by.

Just like anything else with a new baby, you just work it into your schedule.  We wash every 3 days now so that'll move to every day once the baby comes.  NBD.

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You definitely just get used to it.  I didn't cd the baby in the very beginning even though I still had my toddler in cloth.  With the cord stump, circumcision and being changed all of the time, I just didn't feel like doing it for him just yet.  I started cding him when he was about a month. 
  • Options

Oddly enough it's actually easier. Having 2 (or more) in CD at one time forces you to do daily CD laundry. It's the first thing I start when I get out of bed in the morning. It's part of my daily routine now and much easier.

We had 3 in CD briefly when the twins were born. We're working on potty training now before #4 shows up.

I couldn't even tell you how many diapers I have. Enough to make it through 2 days if we had to just in case we get behind on laundry due to odd days.  

• Options
    I'm a fan of an overnight soak before running the diaper laundry.  I (or DH) toss the diapers (all of them together) in the washing machine and run a soak and then stop it once it starts to agitate.  The next morning, I add in their overnight diapers and start the wash.  It isn't too bad.  I have to do laundry every other day, and was doing it every third day with only 1 kid.  I fold them once the kids are in bed or have my 2 year old "help" me.  No biggie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesusangilchrist:
    I'm a fan of an overnight soak before running the diaper laundry.  I (or DH) toss the diapers (all of them together) in the washing machine and run a soak and then stop it once it starts to agitate.  The next morning, I add in their overnight diapers and start the wash.  It isn't too bad.  I have to do laundry every other day, and was doing it every third day with only 1 kid.  I fold them once the kids are in bed or have my 2 year old "help" me.  No biggie.

Thanks for the tip!  I'll have to try this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"