TTC after 35
Options

How to stay positive(Vent)

How do you still positive month after month of TTC with no luck~ Went out to breakfast with DH and their were 3 young pregnant women there....Next month will be the 6th months of ttc on clomid with no luck, I am hoping to convince my DH to go to RE with me. Baby dust to all~

Re: How to stay positive(Vent)

• Options
    It's very hard to stay positive.. I've been TTC for over 3 years now.  There are days I just want to give up and say the hell with all the infertility treatments.. But deep inside I know how bad I want that baby.  It's a tough road we are on.  Seeing all the pregnant woman out there doesn't make it any easier.  You just have to believe that it will eventually happen for you.  GL
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your comment, that is one of the most supportive thing anyone has ever said to me, I wish you the best of luck too, are you already a mother and ttc for another?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know it's hard.  I'm 41 and TTC #1 and my SO has a 3 yo son (my soon to be stepson). We were at a preschool Halloween event this weekend with him (and BM was there) and I can't tell you how many other women there were pregnant.  It's hard just feeling like I'm not part of that group.  But, I know that I will make do with what ever happens. This is my first attempt at trying with SO, but I've been married before and had troubles TTC in the past, so I know how much this can hurt.  I've told myself that if I can't conceive naturally, I'm not sure how far down the infertility treatment path I will go, mainly because I know that it could be a world of heartache.  Of course that's my brain talking and who knows what's going to happen when/if that reality makes me decide at the time.  GL with everything and keep you spirits up.  There's a lot to love about life.  :)

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Options
    Thank you, some days are better than others and I wish the best for you too.....
  • Options

It's hard to stay positive!  I find that after 27 months of TTC I have less and less hope that it is going to happen but I want it SO much that I am willing to keep trying even if it means being disappointed month after month.  The hardest part for me is CD1.. when I know I am out for the month and have to start all over again.

But then once I get past that day I start to believe again that it could happen.  Women my age (39 almost 40) and older get pg all the time.. I hold on to that fact and hope that one day it will be my turn.  :)  Good luck to you!

Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Options

I think staying positive is the hardest part of this whole TTC journey.  We've been at it for 15 months now (had one loss in there) and I can't stand the negatives month after month.  I just try to continue enjoying time with DH doing fun stuff and we really try hard not to let TTC take over our entire relationship.  It isn't easy though. 

GL to you!

m/c at 6 wks 2002
    Endometriosis, s/p lap 2009
    Behcet's disease, s/p partial vulvectomy 2010
    Started bromocriptine to lower prolactin level 2010
    Clear HSG 11/2010 :)
    DH morphology = 4, rest of SA looked good 01/2011
    02/2011 First Clomid 50mg cycle
    BFP 03/02/2011
    No heartbeat at 10w5d 04/18/2011; D&C 04/23/2011
    07/2011 Second Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
    08/2011 Third Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
    10/2011 First Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    11/2011 Second Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    12/2011 Third Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFFN
    01/2012 Fourth Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = ?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"