Attachment Parenting
Options

Bedsharing Mama's

OK so I am not good at wording. I'll just come out with it. How do you have sex? LOL I asked a friend from my old job how she kept getting pregnant with 3 kids in the bed and she said it just rocks them to sleep. DD will wake up immediately if I get out of bed and she wont sleep long enough in her crib for anything to happen. The woes of parenting...

Re: Bedsharing Mama's

• Options
    I just asked my friend this. She said they get on the floor or go into the living room. She bedshares with 3 kids.
  • Options
    If only I could get out of bed without her waking up LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

LO would go down in the rock and play or the crib for the beginning of the night so that's when we'd do it. Or we'd put her in the swing or PnP in the living room.

Our sex life is much better now that she sleeps in her own room.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    There are other places to be intimate besides the bedroom, and there are other times to be intimate besides night time. ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Both of my bedsharing kids have the ability to go to sleep on their own in their own room. Right now, my oldest has been sleeping in his own room for about a month and a half, but the baby is still in our bed. I just put her to sleep, move her to the crib, then let her sleep in her crib until she wakes up at 4am to eat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Downstairs on the couch or guestroom.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options

imageBlindysWife:
    There are other places to be intimate besides the bedroom, and there are other times to be intimate besides night time. ;)

This.

I never realized how much I enjoyed shower sex until we had our daughter. Just sayin'

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the mechanics of sex are the same whether you bedshare or not! Stick out tongue

My more helpful answer is...on the floor, on the couch, in the guest room, in the shower. Who in the world said sex has to be limited to your bed? (Frankly, I think that'd get boring!) Until recently (notice I'm pregnant again) we were having sex just as much post-baby as pre-baby.

Bedsharing does not mean a couple absolutely must have less sex.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't bedshare, but we did have DS in an attached co-sleeper until he was 4 months old. We had a lot of sex in the living room after DS went to bed, and on the weekends in the bed during DS's naps, which typically were in the living room in a RNP. DS went to bed the same time as us until he was about 8 weeks old, which meant the timing was tricky then, but it's not like we were up to much in those first 8 weeks anyway. After that DS would be asleep about 2 hours before I came to bed.
  • Options
    Honestly?  We have sex other places - not in the bed.  LOL.
  • Options
    I feel you, OP. My baby wakes up if I get out of bed too. Basically, I learned that if I wait until he is deep asleep, I can get up for about 10 minutes, so it's quickie or nothing, haha. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I can not make love with my husband with either of the kids even in the room, just makes me uncomfortable even if they are sleeping. DS has his own room, but wanders in sometimes, LO is in bed all night. We go in the living room to do the deed, or put DS back in his bed, and LO in her bouncer/pack n play in the living room and we go in our room. Or we wait until we get a sitter.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemcginnie86:
    I feel you, OP. My baby wakes up if I get out of bed too. Basically, I learned that if I wait until he is deep asleep, I can get up for about 10 minutes, so it's quickie or nothing, haha. 

Almost makes it not worth it huh?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"