Austin Babies
Options

We're finally home!

Whew....what a roller coaster this has been so far. I missed my house, my bed and my dogs after not seeing any of them since Thursday!

I was discharged yesterday but 'roomed in' with Laci. My blood type conflicts with hers so she was at high risk for jaundice. Her bilirubin levels got too high and she was under bilirubin lights for 24 hours. It crushed us....she was only allowed out from under them for 30 minutes at a time every 3 hours...feeding. But she made it thru like such a trooper with only minor whimpering every so often...I think it was tougher on myself and J to have to see her like that. But she is much better and her levels are down so she is home with us now.

I'm so in love with this little girl....I'm blessed!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: We're finally home!

• Options
    Congrats!!
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Options
    Yay for being home! The adventure begins!!
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Same thing happened with Cooper.  He and I have different blood types and he had jaundice too.  I was discharged after 2 days and he was discharged after 6 days (he wasn't there for jaundice the entire time though, they were both losing weight while there, but anyway I feel ya!).

Congrats on the new addition to the fam, good luck on your first night "alone" (i.e. no night nurses, god I loved them!).

• Options
    Yay for going home! We had to go back to the hospital after one night at home because of jaundice and it was so hard to deal with at the time. GL at home!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"