Special Needs
Options

Flexible Spending Account question

I haven't posted on here before, but I have been a lurker for a little while. My daughter had a diagnosis of significant developmental delay and hypotonia. Does anyone know if OT or ST can been paid for out of a flexible spending account?

TIA!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Re: Flexible Spending Account question

• Options
    It should be, but I would contact your HR rep to verify. 
  • Options

I don't know if our insurance rules are the same, but basically our Health Spending Accounts (on private insurance, ie Sunlife, Great West Life, Manulife, etc), you can claim any medical/dental/health expense that you would normally be able to claim on your taxes. OT and PT are on this list.

My insurance provider has all the allowable expenses listed on their website, and any specific to our plan is on our personal log in. If you don't have such a thing, get in touch with your company benefits liaison.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You need to double check with HR or whomever administers your FSA (if you have a 3rd party administrator). I don't know why what YOU pay for out of pocket wouldn't be covered under that but better to double check with who administers your plan.
  • Options
    We pay for speech therapy and our FSA automatically reimburses us for the amount we paid. It can be nice but there are also times that we wish it wasn't automatic and that the money was there for other things (like the 3 er visits our family has made this year so far, the cardiologist DH had to see or the baby about to be born).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"