Multiples
Options

Double Strollers

Now that the whole "OMG TWINS" thing is finally starting to feel real, I'm thinking about gear. I'm really stressing strollers because it seems like a big purchase, and all the options are mind boggling. An all-in-one or a double stroller and a separate snap'n'go? Side-by-side or in a row?  I really like the looks of the Baby Jogger City Select (which I have found on sale on line) and the Mountain Buggy Duet, because both seem not-giant and can attach infant car seats to them, but my husband balks at the price (though to be fair, dude has no idea how much baby stuff costs). What strollers are actually worth considering, and which should I avoid?

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Double Strollers

• Options
    I have the Baby Jogger City select, but I started off with a DSNG because I wasn't sure if I wanted a SBS or tandem.  I ended up liking the tandem best so we went ahead and purchased the BJCS when the girls were about a month old.  So I would recommend starting with the DSNG and then figuring out what you like best and what fits with your lifestyle.
  • Options

I think Ive decided to do the travel system front/back double stroller and also get a Combi side by side double stroller for when they're a bit bigger, and it's much easier to transport.

Married 07/2011 <3
    ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
    Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started with a DSNG and now we use a BJ City Mini. It makes life MUCH easier. A good double stroller is a MUST HAVE.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I?m going through exactly the same thing, I am so confused with all the stroller possibilities. I like the idea of the car seats that you can pop into a stroller, but it seems like so many people are buying two kinds of strollers (like one of those and a jogging stroller or whatever). The link below did help a little.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-buy-a-stroller_1427.bc 

• Options
    Keep in mind that most infants are in their carriers until 6-9 months, rarely a year. With that in mind, I started with a DSNG that I bought (and then resold) on craigslist. Then, once we had a better idea what our life with twins looked like, we bought our true double strollers. We ended up with 2- a SBS Maclaren that is our standard store and mall stroller- but is lightweight and takes up little space in the trunk. Then we also have a BabyTrend jogger that I use for walks, and when we're doing other outdoor events, but its just too big for running errands with the girls. For us, this has worked out very well and we both agree that we picked the best systems for our lifestyle and family.
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If i could only have one stroller it would be the Select - i have it and LOVE it. I have owned MANY strollers and for me- it's the best one for the most things...

but i like having options - and what I'd want if I could have 2 strollers would be the Select + a SBS all terrain stroller (Bumbleride Indie Twin, BJ City Elite, Valco Trimode, Bob, etc)...

i have a Select and a Valco (b/c i needed the 3rd seat, otherwise I think i would have purchased a Bumbleride Indie Twin)... I also have a Combi SBS I got cheap on CL... and a Kinderwagon tandem I used for doc visits and daycare drop offs- but don't ues much now.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options

We got the Double Snap & Go (DSNG) stroller so we could pop the car seats into them.  LOVE IT.  wouldn't use anything else for the first months.

Kids are 6 months old now and just starting to outgrow the car seats / DSNG and we're trying to figure out what to buy next.

I'd say, don't buy the "regular" stroller until you need it. Who wants to store 1 more thing at their house?  Just get a DSNG for the first few months, then see what life is like and then get a regular stroller.

Also stroller models seem to change about once a year, so you might like the features better on a newer model when the time comes to use it and you would be "stuck" with an older model. 

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"