Indiana Babies

Indy pediatrician suggestions?

I was going to start looking into finding and interviewing pediatricians this week, but I got put on bedrest!  I'm pretty new to Indy and don't know anyone else in the area, let alone anyone with kids--anyone have any recommendations (good or bad reviews) for downtown area peds at Riley or IU?  Thanks

Re: Indy pediatrician suggestions?

• I {LOVE} Clown Pediatrics. We're going to use them. :) They are located on the southside of Indy {Greenwood} - but are awesome. I was referred to them by a lot of my close friends and my family doctor {who said he'd send his kids there if they weren't 20, 24, and 26...}. That was enough for me to go and meet them - and I love them! :)

Good luck!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Surprisingly, options for general pediatricians are pretty limited downtown despite the fact that Riley is right here. We take our kids to Dr. Eric Yancy and we love him. He is a solo practicioner whose office is right across from Methodist. He sees a very "downtown" population and is ridiculously experienced. He is very old school in his approach (not to mention his office space), which some parents might find too  "hands-off", but he also really practices according to the evidence in the literature. That mentality is perfect for us. Dr. Yancy is one of very few outpatient pediatricians sees newborns after birth in the hospital at Methodist, and is supposedly the only one who has priveleges in the NICU. We have never had trouble getting into see him same-day if necessary. Highly recommend him if he fits your style.

He is associated with another solo practitioner in the same building who I've also heard good things about - Toya Corbitt.

Good luck and welcome to Indy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I work at a hospital and all the female doctors and therapist take their kids here.  We see Dr Hodson but all are really good.  They do an openhouse each month for new parents or transfers to come meet all the MD's at one time and take a tour of the office. 

Pediatric Associates of Greenwood 

2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"