Parenting
Options

Screwed up the Halloween parade

Tonight was a Halloween parade and my poor kid was SHAKING with cold. He broke down when I put his jacket on -- he just really wanted to show up what he had on! We had to leave :(

His costume (size 4-6) is so tight and despite long johns, he was miserable. I'm going to have to layer him up and literally shove him in his Halloween transformer costume. Damn you, Optimus Prime.

(And then we took the kids to the grocery store to treat them to candy since at the end of the parade, kids get candy. And...no wallet...)

Re: Screwed up the Halloween parade

• Options

Aw.  Sucky. 

FWIW - I can't believe how small costumes run. I got Ben an 8-10 this year, knowing the 4-6 would be too small.  And the 8-10 is huge. Last year I bought the Buzz 4-6 (since he was 4.5 yrs old) and had to exchange for the 8-10.  So, maybe I'll get lucky and he'll want to be Batman the next 2-3 years also! 

Oh , and Eli is wearing a 4-6 this year (a dog, he just turned 2) and it is snug.  

• Options
    I really thought 4-6 would work -- I was really wrong! It crawls up his crack -- it's awful! Right, I think the 8-10 would have been huge...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought it was just my giant kid! We have the Bumblebee costume in 4-6 and it looks really tight on him too. I can't even imagine what we would do if it was cold.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"