Cloth Diapering

Dryer ?

Trying to get ready to cd without DH's full support.  I was planning on getting some wool balls for our dryer because we have such terrible static issues, and I know they work well with cd.  Today DH purchased a bounce bar.  We haven't tried it yet, so don't know if it will work for us, but wondering- What is the issue with using dryer sheets?  I know I read it somewhere, but I can't remember.  I just don't want to mess up our diapers when the time comes!

Thanks!

image image image Waylon & Wyatt born 11/19/11 @ 34 weeks 5 days

Re: Dryer ?

• they'll cause buildup and your diapers will start repelling.  Really dryer sheets aren't good for your clothes or dryer either.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My DH and his family never use dryer sheets because they say the residue they cause can clog a sensor that detects moisture and will therefore stop drying the clothes before they are really dry. So we'll never use dryer sheet in order to keep our machine functioning at top performance. I just bought my first set of dryer balls yesterday and will start using them now that the air is drier.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't use the bounce bar.  It will cause a build up in your dryer and on your cloth diapers.  I've discovered that overdrying clothing will cause static issues also.  Maybe play with the amount of time you are drying your clothes.   Wool balls and regular dryer balls have helped with the static, as well as a product called static eliminator.  It is a special type of fabric that you put in your dryer everytime you dry clothes.  It is kinda expensive around $20 but they last forever.  They really helped out my static problems.   The best solution for my static problems was not drying my clothes for too long. 
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone.  I knew there was a reason!
    image image image Waylon & Wyatt born 11/19/11 @ 34 weeks 5 days
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"