October 2011 Moms
Options

What was your experience with Cervidil?

I'm going in Tuesday night to get induced.  My DD1 was on time and I went into labor on my own.  But with this baby I am now a week overdue and scared of getting induced.  :( 
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What was your experience with Cervidil?

• Options
    I had Cervidil with my son and it really did not do much for me.  I had to be induced 2.5 weeks early bc of a slow water leak, but my body was not ready at all (not dilated, etc).  I had it inserted twice, 6 hours apart and then they moved on to pitocin which finally did the trick.  I am guessing the farther along you are, the better your body might react to it.  I did not have any reactions to it and it wasn't painful at all, just a bit messy from what I remember.  I am being induced on Thursday so I'm guessing I will have it again.  Good luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am being induced too, and I think people's experiences are better with it if they are dilated at least some, from what I've heard. My doc was hesitant to discuss til she made sure I had dilated more than last week (was 0 three weeks ago, then barely 1 the next week and finally 2 last week) because otherwise she wouldn't consider me favorable for one. Hoping I'm more when I go in on Monday night too! My friend said it didn't hurt at all (and I actually don't think she was dilated much if at all) and was her easier of three pregnancies, so I'm hoping for good results too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DD I was induced at 38 weeks due to GD and pre-e. I had cervidil placed the night before my induction. I started contracting regularly, my water broke on it's own at about 10 pm and DD was born at 6 am after a fairly uneventful labor.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"